3.22.2007

Thursday

Hello there! How YOU doin'? Man, I swear... all my favorite bloggers started posting much more frequently since I'm no longer sitting at home all day anxiously awaiting another post. Gone are the days when I could put Ethan down for a nap, grab a cuppa green tea and prop my bare feet up on the table while lazily reading about other people's lives, the majority of whom I'm never even met. Now I hardly even know what the hell is going on in my own life. But I swear this will not be another post where I waste time and whine about how busy I am. (I started school to finish out my Associate of Science degree to top off the working out, working full-time, being a mom and wife and dog owner and cleaning and cooking and generally losing what was left of my freaking mind.) (Heh, ASS of SCIENCE degree. Heh!) (LAME.)

::

Ethan got his pic taken professionally at daycare yesterday. They had this easter/spring theme with bunnies, REAL LIVE BUNNIES, and I'm dying to see how they turned out. Am also quite relieved to know that Ethan didn't try to eat/bite/beat the poor rabbit. I wonder how many bunnies they had for these pictures? That furry little guy is probably in some serious therapy right now after a full day of being held by young children, one right after another.
Also, I'm the worst mother EVER. This is the first time we've had E professionally photographed. 15 months later, and the only reason we did it was because it was being done without us having to do much more than write a check and drop him off at daycare per usual. Sad. That Mother of the Year award is really starting to rust.

::

Did you all know that my sister Bonnie is a belly dancer? If you're on myspace, find Bonnie on my friends list and click to her page immediately. She's got a short video of her recent bellydancing performance on her page, and you simply must watch how she works it. Talent! Passion! Dancing! (Also, an extremely and NATURALLY flat belly, which, gah. Not fair.) She'll be famous one day.

::

I was buying some disks for school today after a run at the gym, and I saw a mother in the check-out line over giving her baby, who couldn't have been any older than E, diet Dr. Pepper. I'll admit that I am an avid diet soda drinker. Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Barq's and Diet Pepsi Jazz Caramel Cream are my faves... but doesn't that poor kid have the rest of his life to pump himself full of chemicals, artificial sweeteners and carbonation? Isn't that what college is for?

::

I went to an Indian food buffet with my co-worker and her husband today for lunch. I had one plate of only what I really wanted, plus a small serving of bread & rice pudding for dessert. We finished at around 1:20 pm or so, and I ran at 4:15. I was still full and belching up ghee like a maniac as I pounded on the treadmill, and at around minute 21:42 or so I got THE WORST PAIN in my belly. I had to stop running. I walked briskly at a steep incline until the pain subsided, but man. That was scary. Can you imagine if I'd spewed a plateful of various Indian grub all over myself, the treadmill, and the people behind me? Actually, that would be hilarious if it weren't me. I'll go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page