3.16.2007

Friday!

Well, helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo! I just consumed the biggest sundae you have EVER SEEN. Ever. My rationalization for doing so:

It's Friday.

PMS.

If I DON'T let myself have it I will only end up eating half the kitchen this weekend and then I'll go and get the damn sundae anyway. Because quite frankly, that's what PMS does to me. It literally turns me into a mad woman, one that will stop at NOTHING to get her hands on something sweet and carbohydrate-laden. I've been eyeing the evil Marble Slab Creamery down the road ever since I started my job a month ago, and today I decided that ice cream would solve all my problems. And it DID! AMAZING! I am now as happy as a felon freshly released from prison, and as high as (from the sugar, mind you) the drug-dealer on his way in.

::

Yesterday I decided to brave the treadmill at my gym for the very first time. Treadmills scare me. I always have to look down at my feet because I feel like I could be violently flung from the mighty, rotating belt at any moment. Does this feeling go away the more you use it? I hope so. Anyway, my goal was a thirty minute workout. 5 minutes warming up with a fast-paced walk, then alternating between walking and jogging for 20 minutes, then finishing out with a 5 minute cool down. My initial goal was to jog for 5 minutes straight. I gave myself a pep talk during the warm up (You can DO THIS, Sara. Just 5 minutes, then you can walk...), and 20 minutes later it was time for my cool down. I totally high-fived myself like eighteen times. I ran for over 20 straight minutes! Also, I finally decided that I don't hate running. I plan on doing it at least once a week, in addition to step aerobics and the elliptical machine. My new goal is 25 minutes straight, then 30, and I'll increase in 5 minute increments until I am running constantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. How's THAT for a goal?

I feel some soreness coming on in my hips, thighs, lower abs and butt, RIGHT where my "trouble spots" are. This is good. Trouble spots, be gone! 'Course, I'm sure I wiped out all the calories I burned running yesterday with today's ginormous ice cream pig-fest, but I feel no guilt. No shame. A girl can eat ice cream AND run, can't she? That girl is me. Nice to meet you.

::

My job is going well, oh so well! You know how most of the time when something is good, almost TOO good? And then you wait for something to go wrong, almost so you can say SEE, I KNEW IT. (That's probably just me. Bitter, cynical and negative in every way about everything, all at the tender age of 27. But this way I'm rarely dissappointed! I'm not pessimistic, I'm just SMART, you bloody smiling fools! Wipe that skittles and rainbows grin off your naive little mug!) Well, things just get better and better here. I really love it. Honestly I look forward to coming to work. That has NEVER been the case before. I didn't think work could EVER be something to look forward to. (See? Pleasant surprise! Set your expectations low and you can't go wrong!)

::

My mom, her boyfriend, his son and my two (twin) brothers are coming to stay with us tonight through Monday. I'm so super excited, though the fact that there will be a total of 8 people staying in our tiny, TINY, teensy weeny eeny TINY MINIATURE house makes me want to climb the walls and pick at imaginary scabs on my arms, but it will be a great time no matter what. There's a big St. Patty's Day parade and party tomorrow, loads of wine and such for tomorrow night (red wine + me + my mom = good freaking times, always), a possible trip to New Orleans on Sunday, and then dinner at my inlaws house Sunday night. My mom will be BLOWN AWAY by how big and PERSON-like Ethan is now. I can't wait for her to see him teeter around the house and play with his bouncy ball and eat rocks and smash food in his hair and count to ten and call everything in a sippy cup "juice" even if it's water or milk. He melts my heart into an exhausted puddle of goo every single day, and I know it kills her to be so far away from him. It kills me, too. She helped me so much when E was a screaming bundle of anything but JOY, and now that we're at this fun, interactive, turbo-development stage she's not around to enjoy it. (Note to family: MOVE TO LOUISIANA, PRONTO!)

::

I will absolutely be posting a million and one pictures this weekend. GET READY. Enjoy your weekend! I'll drink some wine for each and every one of you.

(What no drinking rule? Did I enforce a no drinking rule? What no drinking rule?)

3 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Drea said...

Oh my god your gonna turn into Forrest Gump... 'i ran n ran n ran'
Ha!
Thank gawd you're back blogging more than once a week... i am totally feeling like your stalker but your blog is always a laugh.

Enjoy your family n red wine weekend.

:-)

PS: I tripped whilst on a treadmill once at a hotel gym... no dramas except it was in front of a heap of professional tennis players here for the Australian Open.
D O R K !!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Drink some extra for me, will ya?

Tiny house? You haven't SEEN tiny till you've visited my place! We're busy checking out display homes, house plans, extension ideas...argh! The cost, the trouble, the inconvenience!

Perhaps we should just get rid of a kid...or two.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Definitely drink some wine for me! Somebody's got to do it because I MISS wine.

Sounds like a freaking fantastic weekend. Enjoy all the family!

Also, running? Running is my SANITY in life. No kidding and no exaggeration there. I'm not crazy about treadmills either and 95% of the time I run outside. But I'll take a treadmill over not running at all. Good for you for the running AND the ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page