2.24.2007

Good Morning...

It is Saturday, sweet sweet sweeeeeeet Saturday, which finally means more to me now than just the day I go grocery shopping, horray since I've started working again. Naturally Ethan was up at 5:45 a.m., bright and early, and I would have given anything to sleep until 7. During the week I get up at 5 a.m., so technically I slept in for 45 minutes this morning. I guess I should be grateful, but somehow I'm finding it slightly difficult.

The job is going well. There is so much to learn, which is great, except that the person I replaced had long moved on to her new job by the time they hired me, so I constantly find myself asking the engineers and geochemist stupid questions. Which, annoying. But I really have no choice. They've been great and always tell me not to sweat it, that there's a learning curve, a transition period, etc. etc. etc. Still, that sounds like something you'd tell someone with a learning disability when they're having trouble adding whole numbers. Duh. Let's hope that's not the case here and that they don't all laugh at me when I'm not there.

In recent snot and germ news we're all heading in the right direction. My throat still hurts and my nose is still back and forth between stuffy and runny (but in a drive-you-crazy sexy way, of course), Drew still has the death cough and continues to spit a million green snot wads all over our porch (which dry to a thick, paint-like crust for all visitors to see, thanksalot babe), and Ethan is virtually snot-free and his eyes are white and clear. He's back to toddling around and throwing blocks at my head and singing SpongeBob SquarePants and spreading peanut butter in his hair, you know, instead of lying on the living room rug limp and hazy eyed and sad. Thank gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd. I never want to go to the dark side of daycare ever again. I know we will, but fuck, let's try for maybe twice a year and not, like, every other week, m'kay? I've heard some pretty rough horror stories about kids in daycare ALWAYS getting sick, and the ER doctor actually told me that I might want to rethink this whole daycare thing, because Ethan will probably be sick ALL THE TIME, EVERY WEEK, FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. Thanks doc. Asshole.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Kek said...

The ER doc is a jerk. And an idiot to boot.

Yes, kids do tend to get sick a fair bit when they're first exposed to exotic germs (ie those not belonging to their own family) on a regular basis. But for kids who don't go to day care, guess when that happens? That's right, when they START SCHOOL. Sheesh, schools are a hotbed of infectious lurgies and whatnot.

MY kids got all that nonsense out of the way when they were babies/toddlers and once they were at school, hardly missed a day.

Living through the inevitable ear infections, tonsillitis, snot-nose bugs and so on isn't a whole lot of fun. But it'll happen at some point, unless you want to seal Ethan in a germ-proof bubble for the rest of his life.

That's my completely unqualified non-medical opinion anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page