2.07.2007

Happy Birthday To Me!



My mom got me two workout dvds that I've been dying to get: MuscleMax and the Timesaver dvd. Oh, and a resistance band to add to my home gym. The flowers were sent to me by my good friend Meghan. Aren't they gorgeous? They make the whole room smell delightful! (Who says delightful? Clearly a sign of old age...) Tonight my mother-in-law is cooking me a birthday dinner of steak (per my request, mmm...), twice baked potatoes and asparagus, and of course cake. I'm hoping there will be ice cream involved as well. Cake and ice cream is most certainly the only way to make yourself feel better about turning 27. I'm staring 30 right in the face. I can reach out and touch 30. It feels scary and exciting and completely out of my control, so have some more cake. Let me say right now that the very best gift I have received this birthday was my little sister telling me: I can't believe you're 27! You certainly don't look or act like it. You're definitely aging like mom. That's an amazing compliment.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Happy Birthday!!

27? ....pfft! You're a baby!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Happy birthday Sweetie! Honestly 30 is nothing. For my 30th birthday I took off for 6 weeks backpacking in Italy with no plan. It was awesome and guess what? I thought I'd be the oldest backpacker ever but Nooooo, the average age was somewhere mid 40's. The oldest I met was 82.
Keks right, anyone under 30 is a widdle baby (and, in Keks case, that probably goes for anyone under 40.. .. yes, I do think I'm funny sometimes... poor Kek, she just keeps forgiving me)
Photo's mucho impressive by the way! You can really see the change.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Jadey said...

Happy birthday to you!!! Happy Birthday to You!!!!
Happy birthday Dear Sara! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUU!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Kyra said...

Happy Birthday (and by the way, I'm staring 32 right in the face in a couple weeks. It isn't as bad as you think!)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Happy birthday to you! I hope you don't mind if I link your recipe blog to mine - I just love the recipes you come up with. Thanks to KEK, I've discovered you.

Cheers
Liz n

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page