2.12.2007

It's Official!

The job offer has been made official as of this morning, and I'm about as anxious and excited to start working on Thursday as a sixteen year old boy is to lose his virginity. We ran up to E's daycare center today to talk with his teacher, meet his class, pay for the week and drop off his supplies (extra change of clothes, diapers, sippy cup, lotion and diaper rash cream, to be exact). Ethan watched the other toddlets play outside in total amazement (you mean there are other babies in this world? Hey, that one's kind of cute!), but when his teacher tried to hold him he almost lost it and started chanting Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye over and over again and flopping his hand back and forth, as if to say I do not know you, and I did not say you could hold me, either. Return me to my mother at once, for you know not what I am capable of, for my tantrums emerge straight from the firey depths of hell! Heh, she'll soon learn!

Tomorrow will be Ethan's first official day at daycare. I'll drop him off at 7 a.m. and pick him up after lunch. Rinse and repeat for Wednesday. Thursday will be his first full day. What in hell's bells will I do with myself for 5 glooooooorious hours tomorrow morning? I'll workout, that's what. And shower. Shower with the radio blaring! I might even do some singing and dancing in front of the mirror, using my brush as a microphone. It's the little things, you know? The little things that make life so sweet.

As if my getting a job wasn't exciting enough, guess what else? GUESS WHAT ELSE? There is a Starbucks right across the street from my office. Walking distance. And? The BEST part? Whole Foods is a 3-minute drive down the road. I've got morning coffee and lunch covered, man. I'm as thrilled about these things as I am about the benefits and the pay. Because, as you know, I'm kooky like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page