3.03.2007

Hey there!

I can't tell you how nice it is to once again appreciate the weekend. The weekend quickly loses meaning when you're a stay-at-home mom, at least it did for me, because every day starts to run together into one big day of diapers and windex and drool. Now I get excited about Friday and really enjoy being at home, junk t.v., a random 10 minutes to surf the net. I really miss having all-day un-monitored internet access. I'm behind on all my favorite blogs, which is almost like missing a new episode of a favorite t.v. show. Sometimes I stop and wonder gah, I wonder what's new with Sundry? And Skwigg! She just had surgery, how's she recovering? Or Sara, who just published an article on her site about how she pulled herself out of dieting hell. Or Kek, who always has something interesting to say and is really good about posting frequently. I missed nearly 7 episodes of Kek! Anyway, now I sort of see just how bad my blog addiction was. Scary. But I swear I'm going through withdrawal.

I have internet access at work and am on the company's intranet and outlook email all day, but I'm scared to venture outside of anything work related. I love my job too much to risk getting in trouble. Mornings are spent getting everyone ready for the day, afternooons are for doing cardio and spending time with Ethan, and evenings are dedicated to Drew, lifting weights and t.v. While Drew is cooking dinner I usually hop on to delete the eighteen thousand junk emails that have accumulated over the course of the day, but by the time I'm finished Drew is barking at me to get off the computer or die. Life is pretty good right now, so I silently obey. I'll figure something out.

::

I looked at Ethan yesterday and nearly lost my mind. He is a little boy. He loves outside and would spend every minute outdoors on a nice day, and he toddles around the yard eating rocks and riding his little bike. The sun makes his hair shine like silk, highlighting the reds and blondes intertwined with his honey brown curls. His eyes are big and bright, his cheeks are full and soft (oh so soft!), his teeth are white and big and plentiful. (He's got like 14 freaking teeth now. Bring on the beef jerky and the taffy, thankyaverymuch.) He has the biggest belly I have ever seen, and it protrudes three feet in front of the rest of his body. I've been telling everyone that he's 13 months, and this afternoon it occured to me that no, he turned 14 months last week. Time is flying.

Did you know that Ethan can count to 10? I find this fascinating, especially since we did not teach him how. What parents thinks yes, he is one year old now, so we should start drilling numbers into his head. I didn't think babies were capable of counting at such a young age. He learned it from watching Dora, which totally makes me feel better about all the t.v. I let him watch when we were at home together all day before. And yes, I am totally bragging. If a 14 month old baby that can consistently and clearly count to ten (ok, sometimes he forgets the nine, but it's RARE) isn't amazing, I don't know what is. He is brilliant. He is a mathematical genius.

And I miss him.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 AM, Blogger Kek said...

"Really good about posting frequently?" ....does that translate as "God, that woman never shuts up!"

Work has its advantages, like, uh, paying you money to buy stuff with, but unfortunately it REALLY cuts into your internet time.

You could always give up sleeping?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page