3.10.2007

Saturday!

Horraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! The weekend! E got up at 6 a.m. just as I expected, my sister and I did a kick-ass kickboxing workout while he ate breakfast, my sister watched him while I took a shower (this is a total luxury weekend with built in toddler-wrangling assistance!), right now everyone is napping (except for me, of course), and the air is crisp and the sky is sunny and I love the way these jeans fit me. PERFECT DAY. Of course, it's only 9 a.m., so I won't hold my breath.

Tonight my sister, her fiance, Drew and I are going to this college-town bar in Baton Rouge called The Caterie. D's parents used to go there when they were 18 years old, and his mom brought him there when he was Ethan's age. A few weeks ago we brought Ethan there for cheese sticks and buffalo wings (and a beer for daddy, of course), and it was neat to think about D sitting at the same table 21 years ago. (It was neat? Who says NEAT? Crickey.) Anyway, we're going there tonight to play foose ball and pool and drink beer and eat greasy goodness. I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow we are getting Ethan's hair cut because he's seriously starting to look like Ronald McDonald, only without the creepy face paint. I'm sad to see his curls go, but the kid looks wiley. Cute, but in a rugged sort of way. Also, this constant stream of snot that has planted itself on my boy's face from nose to upper lip is bullshit. Ever since he started daycare he's been a walking sinus infection. The shoulders of all my shirts are coated with a clear crust that really brings out my eyes. I don't know what it is about me that screams Kleenex!, but I actually get a little scared when I see him walking towards me with a face full of snot because I know he's about to wipe it on some part of my clothing. (Do I share too much?) (Don't you think I'm sexy?)

So anyway. What a bunch of rambling nonsense. This is what happens when you don't spend all day at home writing in your blog. You start to suuuuuuuuuuck. All apologies.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Wow, that place looks like soul food and deep drunken conversations - you know the ones.. 'I really love you man, noooo really, I mean really, really love you'.
What? Don't say I was the only one....?

Have a great time sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page