12.20.2006

Wednesday


Today is going to be one of those days, the kind of day where you wear an old ratty t-shirt all day and possibly forgo showering, the kind of day that I loooooove. There's a huge storm moving our way, and I actually quite enjoy dark, rainy, thunderstormy days. Today I plan on lifting weights when E takes his morning nap, packing, cleaning, packing, cleaning, and then maybe some packing with some possible cleaning thrown in for good measure. Tomorrow I aim to leave at around noon. I can't wait to see my family!

Ok, so... question. I really want to turn Ethan's carseat around to face forward today as I believe it will make our 8-hour drive much more enjoyable for him (and for me). The thing is, you're not supposed to turn a rear-facing carseat around until the child is both 1 year old AND 20 pounds. Now, Ethan will be 1 year old in exactly 1 week. And he's 20 pounds. So, do I break the golden carseat rule and go ahead and turn it the hell around? Or do I wait until we're coming home from Texas to do it, when he will actually officially be a year? Bah. Decisions, decisions. Also, bad parenting or good parenting? Selfishness at the expense of my baby's safety? Overreacting? Batshit crazy? Possibly all of the above.

I'm feeling fab and strong and healthy and just plain ol' freaking GOOD these days. I'm in need of a whole new wardrobe because I'm down to one single pair of pants that actually fit, and since I'm no longer breastfeeding my boobs just don't fill out my shirts like they used to. What was once full and voluptuous is now flat and deflated. It's sad, really. I'm thinking that BECAUSE I breastfed for nearly an entire year I should be rewarded with a permanetely perky and large-ish rack. Am I wrong? Unfortunately it seems the opposite is true. *shakes fist at the almighty yet unmerciful Boob Gods*

So, the picture is of the food I'm taking with me to my mom's house in Texas. I expect to relax my diet to some degree, but traveling is no reason to hog out or not eat enough. I am armed with 6 tins of light tuna, 3 salmon cups, 9 pre-portioned servings of mixed nuts, a small canister of oats, some sucralose packets, 5 protein bars and various snacks for lil' E. You can't say I don't prepare! I've asked my mom to get me some eggs, cottage cheese, frozen veggies, fruit and skinless chicken breasts. I am taking my weights and barbell with me and am actually considering lugging my step as well. I'm on such a freaking roll and have fallen in love with working out, I don't want to miss a beat! I'm going to try to take advantage of other forms of cardio while I'm there and give step aerobics a rest for a week, and I'll continue to kick ass with the weights. As long as I'm really making every workout count I won't feel as bad about making a meal out of cold chicken breast and red wine. Hey, that's a carb and a protein!

Yesterday's Grub

hi-fiber hi-protein french toast with sugar free syrup
coffee with Splenda

more coffee with Splenda
1/2 c. lo-fat cottage cheese with 1/2 c. pineapple and Splenda

3 oz. chicken breast strips and onion on a bed-o-lettuce with 2 T. lite dressing
a banana
diet rootbeer

apple
2 lite string cheese
green tea

Cheat dinner (grandma-in-law's birthday):

2 diet cokes
2 chocolates

huge piece of skinless chicken with a tiny bit of stuffing
blob of mashed taters
loads of green beans with butter
2 crescent rolls (these were the most buttery and delicious things I have ever eaten!)

small square of birthday cake
cup of 2% milk

Total cals: No clue, was at 925 before dinner.

Workout: 25 mins. step aerobics

1 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie - turn the damn car seat round. Enjoy looking at your lovely boy while you're travelling. And in my humble opinion you're the best kind of parent, a little bit crazy and besotted with your offspring! I was just the same as you when my girl came along and am still completely nuts! She's 8 now and she loves it that her Mum is so much fun! Wishing you a very happy Christmas, and a happy birthday to that gorgeous Ethan! Peace and love from R in Paris... x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page