12.16.2006

Crickey

So I wrote this looooong, sleep deprived post about last night and how I COULD.NOT.SLEEP. to save my life. About how after taking the decongestant my doctor gave me for 2 days, as directed, I was left feeling as though I'd spent weeks snorting thick, uncut lines of cocaine through a dirty dollar bill and drinking case after case of Redbull. I wrote a post about how I was so freaking wired out of my gord yesterday that when I tried to go to sleep my eyes were literally incapable of staying shut. My mind raced, and raced, and raced. I actually rehearsed some job interview questions OUT LOUD, made a mental grocery list and almost solved the world's energy crisis. I also had a pounding headache. Over and over and over again, with the banging and aching and pounding, right in the back of my skull. When both the dog AND Drew started to snore ridiculously loud, I gave up and moved to the couch. I rumaged through the medicine cabinet to find a single adult chewable aspirin to try and kill the headache. My sister had text messaged me, so I called her, and we didn't hang up until close to 12:30. I'm quite certain that I didn't actually fall asleep until somewhere around 1:30. Ethan woke up briefly at 3:30, and then D got up for work at ten till 6. I got up with him. I wrote a post about all of this, about how I am running on empty, on NEGATIVE energy. But then Ethan reached his tiny, precious, dimpled hand up to the keyboard and deleted the whole fricking thing.

When I woke up today I got Ethan breakfast, did my cardio while he ate, vaccumed, did dishes, drank some coffee, ate breakfast myself, played with Ethan, checked my email, put Ethan down for a nap, took a shower, straightened my hair, applied makeup, had a mid-morning snack, got Ethan up, fixed him a snack, finalized the grocery list, rushed to the bank before it closed at noon to make a deposit, dropped my car off for an oil change, grocery shopped ($108 worth of groceries!!!), picked up my car, tried to squeeze 18 million grocery bags into the back and passenger seats of my car because I forgot that my trunk was full of my husband's CRAP, drove home, unloaded the groceries, unloaded Ethan, fixed Ethan some lunch, put away the groceries, ate lunch myself, put Ethan down for a nap and then crawled into bed to try and nap myself. It STILL took me like 20 minutes to fall asleep. Dude. I'm almost considering crushing those decongestants into a fine powder and selling them on the street corner.

So tonight is the party, I am very excited, time is ticking and in exactly 2 hours we'll be baby-free and tipsy. WHOOt! Deck the halls! Hark the herald! Jingle bells, and stuff.

Yesterday's Food

coffee with Splenda
more coffee with Splenda
1 slice whole wheat toast spread with 1 T. peanut butter
5 egg whites

1/2 c. cottage cheese and 1/2 c. unsweetened pineapple, with Splenda

an orange
3 egg whites and 1 whole egg mixed with 1 T. lite mayo, mustard and onion on a bed of lettuce
diet pepsi

an apple
2 lite string cheese
green tea

28 g whole wheat rotini mixed with 1 T. basil pesto
5.5 oz. chicken breast, broiled with yummy spices
the most steamed green beans that anyone has ever eaten, EVER
green tea

1 chewable aspirin, blech

Total cals: 1,320

Workout: Nil, still recovering and doing that whole 'listen to your body' thing, psh.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Jadey said...

Those decongestants may come in handy for the nights festivities if they are that good. However it may take 1 drink before you start singing on a table top with your top off or something. And if you do I want pics :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page