12.13.2006

Wednesday

Yesterday I had a migraine, my very first migraine EVER. So, I'm no longer a migraine virgin. I lost my migraine virginity. Sorry, mom. If 'the lights are weirdly too bright and my head is pounding and my eyes are hurting and I feel like I'm gonna hurl oh gawd I simply can't go on' are signs of a migraine, I'm pretty sure that's what I had. Or, perhaps, a very severe sinus pressure headache?

::

This morning I woke up and my left gland (why does that sound dirty to me?) (what am I, like, 12?) (and it never gets old either) was swollen and tender in the absolute most painful of ways. Each time I swallow (ok, that's too easy) it honestly feels like I'm swallowing fucking razor blades or something. But only on the right side; the left side seems fine. My right ear also seems to have issues, like there's a little mouse living in there or something, and my right nostril, you guessed it, is filled with a thick bright green goo. Blowing my nose (just the one nostril, mind you) projects a sound like something is dying, something that has been suffering for a long, long time and is finally letting out it's last few cries of misery and pain to the world before slipping away to... whatever comes next. Anyway, it's not a pretty sound, and every time I do it Ethan looks at me like what the... hey, uh... having some trouble there, girlscout? Any way you could STOP long enough for me to watch The Doodlebops? Please? Gawd! Parents these days... If there's a spot in his babybook for the 'First Time Baby Looks At Parent(s) In Total Disgust', today's the day to mark down.

::

I'm going back and forth with whether or not to do my planned weight workout. I hate this indecisive state, where I don't want to make myself worse by over-exercising but don't know if I'll be even worse tomorrow and then I'll have missed my chance, I don't want to be a wuss, I want to listen to my body, but my body says snot sucks, and your throat is killer. Working out would probably suck to some degree, but you COULD do it. Conclusion: I will attempt said workout and if I feel as though I am going to pass out or if I start to feel feverish, I will stop. So that's THAT. *dusts hands off and grabs another cuppa coffee* Edit: Instead of showering like a normal person during Ethan's morning nap today, I completed MIS in it's entirety and actually kicked some major ass. I was unable to complete as many pushups and barbell bench presses as I normally can, however I WAS able to do all of the reverse flies for the first time EVER, and the tricep dips at the end made me want to hurl, but in a good way. I feel better now, but I fear that is only because the fabulous feeling I call the 'after-tingles' is coursing through my entire body. Once the post-weight tingles are gone I hope that I don't feel worse. Now, when the hell am I going to shower???

::

I am ever so excited to go back to Texas to see my family for Christmas. I'm even more excited for them to see Ethan. If he changes daily to me, he's probably like a completely different little person to them after going months between visits. Every time we return home my little brothers immediately run up to us and ask So, can Ethan do anything COOL yet?, to which I'll roll up my sleeves and reply Heh, can he! He can say BO and BA and SAW and shake his head NO, and he can play the drums and dance better than The Artist Formerly Known As Prince (or has he changed that back?), and that's only the tippety-tip of the iceberg, lil' bros. They will look down to see Ethan eating a piece of lint off the floor, silently shrug and return to their room. Hrmph.

::

Yesterday's Eats

1/3 c. (dry) oats mixed with 1 c. lo-fat cottage cheese, cinnamon and Splenda, and coffee with Splenda

more coffee with Splenda

1 c. canned unsweetened pumpkin mixed with 1/2 c. cottage cheese, Splenda and cinnamon (I AM SO GOING TO DIE FROM A SUCRALOSE OVERDOSE) (BUT LET ME POINT OUT THE NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE THAT IS PUMPKIN... TONS OF FIBER, LOW CALS, VITAMINS GALORE... two health-crazed thumbs up!)

3 egg whites plus 1 whole egg mixed with 1 T. lite mayo, mustard and onion on a bed-o-lettuce, plus an apple and diet mountain dew

coffee with Splenda (I drank this and then fell asleep on the couch... did I buy Decaf by mistake?)

an orange and 2 lite string cheese, green tea

homemade sweet potato fries made with 1 small sweet potato and a teaspoon of olive oil and random spices, baked for 20 mins. at 425 degrees... 5 oz. whiting filet... broccoli and cauliflower... green tea

a rat-bastard piece of fudge... fortunately (and UNfortunately) my friend only sent me 7 or 8 squares and they're gone now, so I'm pretty proud that I only ate 2 pieces in 2 days. I'm quite certain that I could've kicked back the entire container in one sitting... :) (IT WAS THAT GOOD MEGHAN!)

Total cals: 1,515 (even with that evil fudge!)

Workout: 30 minutes step aerobics, complete with snot dripping down my nose and everything! Sexy!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger cary said...

GO TO THE DOCTOR! YOU ARE MAJORLY SICK! especially if you can actually feel like hurling in a good way! i want you to be well and ready to drink a lot of wine at christmas! love you--mom

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Jadey said...

Oh god you poor thing - REST FGS REST! You might feel better temporarily and you might miss working out for Gosh darn it a week or MORE! But if you do work out this hard you are likely to feel this way for a MONTH or MORE!

Huge Huggles. Pass the fudge :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page