12.10.2006

Sunday




It kiiiiiinda looks like he's watching t.v. in every photo, huh? Well. He probably is. But only the really good educational stuff, like The Doodlebops (I lost that battle), Charlie & Lola and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And Little Einsteins. And Handy Manny. And Barney. And Teletubbies. Perhaps I should re-evaluate my method of baby distraction? What can I say, we're both big fans of Playhouse Disney and PBSKids. I sing the Little Einsteins theme song during diaper changes, dream about the Teletubbies and hum the hotdog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse twelve-thousand times a day. I know EVERY.SINGLE.WORD. to EVERY.SINGLE.SONG. Sanity is slipping through my fingers like grains of sand. I will most definitely need to lock both Ethan AND myself in a padded room for several uninterrupted hours and play nothing but Pink Floyd and Smashing Pumpkins nonstop to undo the damage.

::

I was showing our neighbor this tasty tidbit of Britney Spears (uh, it's X rated, I warned you and you've probably already seen it DON'T LIE I KNOW YOU HAVE!) when he told me he didn't know she'd had 2 kids. I sat there blinking at him for a few moments and briefly considered kicking him out of our house. Later in the day Drew said "I didn't know that Angelina and Brad had a baby together...". I am starting to think that not everyone follows celebrity trash gossip as closely as I do. Or have those two been living under a rock for an extended period of time? You can hardly buy a pack of gum at the corner store these days without being updated on the latest celeb news just by reading the covers of the magazines at the counter. I mean, really.

::

I have a new girl crush, one that quite possibly beats out my love for Kat from Miami Ink. I finally watched Nigella Feasts on the FoodNetwork last night. She's been around for awhile and has several best-selling books under her belt, but holy hell. This woman makes food seem like the most sensual thing in the world. She's curvy and sultry and has that accent. Part of me wants to be her best friend and the other half of me almost wants to kiss her. She's amazing. She cooks fabulous dishes, enjoys her food and has a snappy sense of humor. While she was making shephard's pie last night and said something along the lines of "it's really a beast of a meal", I was immediately hooked. And after she pulled out a huge slab of beef to cook for a Christmas party, put her hands around it and went on and on about how gorgeous, how delicious, how perfect it was, I knew I was in love.

Yesterday's Grub

1 slice whole wheat toast spread with 1 T. peanut butter
5 egg whites
coffee with Splenda

more coffee with Splenda
scoop of whey protein in water
small apple

3 oz. salmon mixed with 1/4 avocado and onion on a bed of red leaf lettuce
an orange
coffee with Splenda (do I drink too much coffee? 3 cups a day is normal, right?)

a medium banana
2 lite string cheese
green tea

the last of my beef pasta stuff
green beans and broccoli and cauliflower
green tea

Total cals: 1,380

Workout: Maximum Intensity Strength

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sara
I'm just wondering what on earth lite string cheese is?? I've never heard of it, but I'm an Aussie...maybe we don't have it here. Sounds interesting!
:-) Drea

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sara said...

String cheese is pre-portioned (1 oz.) sticks of mozzarella (is that spelled wrong?) cheese, and you can peel it off into "strings" to eat it (or not). Frigo brand light string cheese is awesome because you can eat 2 sticks for 120 cals and get 18 grams of protein, no carbs, tons of calcium and roughly 5 grams of fat. It's yummy. :)

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sounds yum and guilt-free. I doubt we have it here in Oz... will have to ask Kek - she knows everything!
Thanks! Sorry I'm snooping on yr blog... its hilarious though - very entertaining! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page