12.03.2006

DOMS

Yesterday I did MIS for the first time. OH.MY.GOD. Today my ass is sore in all the right places and my chest, back and shoulders ache in the most satisfying of ways. The leg portion of the workout consists of squats (hate!), deadlifts (love!), plie squats (love!), and lunges lunges lunges every which way (haaaaaate!). Static lunges. Alternating lunges. Lunges OFF THE STEP, the most brutal of all. This workout is truly awesome and I can't wait to do it again on Tuesday. I see what all the hype was about back when it came out. Sweetness.

The party! It was fab. There were a ton of people there and I got to see some of my husband's handy work around their badass house. I drank a ton of Merlot and ate a ton of party food, particularly the sweet stuff, and the mixture of the two created a party-gone-very-wrong in my poor little belly. It wasn't so much the quantity of food as it was just the simple fact that I'm not used to eating that shit anymore, and I haven't touched wine in almost 6 weeks. D and I stayed for (please don't laugh) 2 hours. We went to pick up Ethan and it felt like we'd been gone for days. I missed him, oh I missed him so! We all passed out at like 10 p.m. It was sad. So that was my glorious mommy's night out. This morning I woke up and worked out, and holy hell I am the cardio queen! (Where the hell is my crown?) All those carbs from last night gave me a killer boost. It was awesome.

Yesterday's Grub

Hi-fiber hi-protein french toast with sugar free syrup
coffee with Splenda

The blender broke while I was trying to make my usual beloved shake, so I had a scoop of whey protein in a cuppa coffee with Splenda and it was really good! Like protein hot-chocolate, I guess. I also ate 2 caramel-corn rice cakes for a carb. Heh.

can of light tuna mixed with 1 T. basil pesto and red onion on a bed of romaine
1 orange

wine and party food

Workout: MIS

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Sara said...

SPAM! Annoying as hell.

Anyway.. what's MIS?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page