11.25.2006

Un-hungover

First let me say that much much MUCH to my husband's dismay I decided not to drink on Thanksgiving. This meant that I didn't plunge head first into the pecan pie, slather myself in candied sweet potatoes and use cranberry sauce for lipgloss. Thursday night I went to bed hungry, a big difference from years past when immediately after the meal I wanted nothing more than to change into my "stretchy" pants, curl up into a little butterball and go to sleep. Don't get me wrong, I ate a lot. But it felt good and I didn't totally hog out. You people just don't know what I'm capable of. I've thought in the past that I could totally win one of those eating contests you see on t.v. Nothing disgusts me more than watching people shove "meat" hotdogs down their maw followed by soggy white buns over and over and over again, a race against the clock! But if they were eating, say, pounds of chocolate or cheesecake, well... I would kick everyone's ass and then my head would probably explode. ANYWAY! I'm rambling here, what a surprise. I did well on Thanksgiving. I worked out first thing, took Ethan for a walk, ate loads of veggies and even had a protein shake in addition to my fair share of all of the usual traditional Thanksgiving eats.

::

Ethan is into throwing all-out tantrums now. What's that? You want to wash my hair? Blaaaaaeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa! (as he flails about like a fish out of water). It's like something from The Exorcist. Oh, you want to change my diaper, do you? Ahhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaableeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa! I'm not sure where I lost total control. It just slipped through my fingers and I didn't even know it. Last time I checked I was the FUCKING PARENT and he was a BABY. Who took my sweet baby boy and replaced him with this little dictator? His rules are as follows:

  • You will hold me at all times.
  • You will feed me a never-ending supply of rice cakes.
  • Hold me more!
  • I shall sit in my own filth.
  • I shall use mushed up cheese and sweet potatoes to style my hair indefinitely.
  • Hold me.
  • Hold me.
  • HOLD ME!
  • I may or may not wake up eleventy jillion times throughout the night, for no reason at all.
  • I will charm the pants right off of everyone in public so that when you complain about me in any way they will say "Ah, but he's so happy! And good!" and you will look like a bloody fool!
  • I reserve the right to change any of the above in any way at the poop of a diaper.
  • Also, muahahahahahahahaha! SUCKERS!

They say this is just a phase. Let us all take a brief moment of silence to HOPE THE FUCK SO!
Otherwise? He's great! Learning and laughing and cruising and torturing the dog. Playing the drums. Watching Barney. Generally just stealing what's left of my heart.

::

Today we're decorating for Christmas and that makes me overly happy and excited, in that annoying 'let's sing carols and bake cookies' kind of way. D is home through Sunday and I can't remember the last time we were all together for four days straight. I'm drinking coffee from a Santa mug. I think everything is gonna be alright.

Yesterday's Grub

1 whole-wheat, lo-carb flatbread
3x1 omelet
coffee with Splenda

choco-nana-pb-protein shake

flatbread with onion, lettuce, 1/4 avocado and 3 oz. salmon
coffee with Splenda

pear
2 lite string cheese

sweet tater with 1 T. trans-fat free margarine
steamed broccoli and cauliflower
5 oz. whitefish filet with lemon pepper and garlic
diet rootbeer

stick of sugarless bubblegum and green tea

Total cals: 1,375

Workout: Interval Max... brutal, but in a good way. We have a love-hate relationship.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Hmm, first of all, I'm sure I could give you a run for your money in that cheesecake or chocolate-eating contest. I have yet to discover my limits when it comes to making a complete and utter gluttony-pig of myself. Perhaps we might meet up and try it one day?

Anyways, points to you for Thanksgiving restraint. I'm aiming for the same at Christmas. We shall see.

And as for your baby Hitler - BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Sorry.

I remember this stage so-o-o well. My M.I.L. would call and say "and how is my little angel?" and I would mutter "He is the child from HELL and if his head starts spinning around, I won't be a bit surprised" to which she would say "Oh, he IS not, he's always SO good".

Yes, I am obviously a liar and a bad mother. Gah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page