11.18.2006

Naked

I notice that when I am feeling down, fat, bloated, worthless, insecure or a deathly combination of all of the above, I wear more makeup. When I'm exercising regularly and eating well, I barely wear any makeup at all. My hair is worn naturally (hairtype: nappy), usually swept back into a ponytail (if you haven't suffered the intense pain of tiny fingers gripping your hair in fistfuls at the root and using that grip to pull a twenty pound body up to standing, well... take my word that it fucking sucks. You'd wear your hair up, too). My makeup is natural; some tinted moisturizer here, a dab of concealer there, a swipe of blush here and here. Then maybe some powder and sometimes, sometimes, mascara. Since I've been living a healthier lifestyle my skin looks so much better! When I'm down and out I feel (and look) the need to wear eyeliner and heavy mascara, secretly saying 'I know my ass looks horrible but perhaps I can distract you with my pretty blue eyes? Look at my eyes!'. It's nice to kind of say 'here I am, this is me. I'm feeling great, check out my ass!' instead.

I also walk taller and smile more, just a few of the fabulous side effects of getting your shit together. Maybe originally you start cleaning up your diet and busting your ass to fit into smaller jeans, but feeling good and energetic and happy is awesome, too. Soooooo worth it. To me, anyway.

Tomorrow will be a cheat meal at my in-laws house while we watch football: homemade red beans and rice. (!!!) Did I mention cornbread, too? Yeah. It is amazing. And then Thanksgiving day will be another cheat day. I'll keep things super clean otherwise and have no reason to stray from my scheduled workouts. GO ME.

Yesterday's food

South Beach wrap
coffee with Splenda & 1/4 c. 1% milk

more coffee with Splenda
Choco-peanut butter-banana protein shake

1 can light tuna with 1 T. lite mayo on 2 slices hi-fiber bread with onion and lettuce
1 oz. mixed nuts
green tea

apple
2 lite string cheese

small sweet tater with 1 T. trans-fat free margarine
4 oz. lean beef patty, broiled and topped with ketchup
steamed broccoli
green tea

Total cals: 1,625

Workout: Rest day, took E for a walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page