11.09.2006

Bags

I, uh.... I actually have bags under my eyes this moring. I never have bags! EVER! I'm really worn thin with this sleep thing. Or, this no-sleep thing, rather. I was going to take a rest day tomorrow and do cardio today, but I really think I need the rest today more than anything. I'll do cardio tomorrow and my weight training on Saturday. Between chasing Ethan around during the day, keeping the house up and running, breastfeeding, my workouts and half the sleep I'm used to getting, I'm beat, y'all. I AM SPENT.

Today I will take Ethan for a walk. I will clean the kitchen and dust the living room. I will nap. I might not shower (gasp!). I will read more of How Much Cleavage Is Enough To Get the Job?... er, I mean The Smart Woman's Guide To Interviewing and Salary Negotiation, heh.

(Besides, we all know that cleavage alone is not enough. A super short skirt is also needed.)

So yesterday in yet another moment of desperation, I took Ethan to our drum set, set him on the little black stool and put the drumsticks in his hands. And he PLAYED. He hit this drum and then that drum, and topped it all off with the cymbal. He was totally going all wild and hardcore. And when I said Ok, that's enough for now!, he turned and looked at me as if to say No, mom. For I have found my passion, my love. I was born to play the drums. I was born to rock 'n' roll! You will NEVER take that away from me! In other words, he threw a fit, and he was more than happy to show his new skills to his dad later in the evening. Awesome.

Yesterday's fooooood

2 slices lo-cal, hi-fiber bread with a 3x1 omlette and 1 slice 2% cheese
black coffee with Splenda (exactly how I like my men)

(I had to use that line eventually)

1 apple
2 lite string cheese

1 lean pocket ultra
coffee with Splenda and 2 T. evaporated milk

1 rice cake with 2 T. peanut butta

2 serving Basque Chicken
1 c. brown rice
some no-cal, no-caffeine grape drink stuff... we'll call it 'diet kool-aid'

Total cals: 1,370

Workout: 30 brutal minutes of high-intensity intervals on the step

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jadey said...

MMMmm - letting your toddler play the drums. Priceless.
That screams future issues to me hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page