11.07.2006

Break On Through

Man, I'm feeling reeeeeeeally good these days. It hasn't even been a week since I began project:healthy, but I already feel amazing. I actually didn't realize how shitty I was feeling before until I started to feel better. Awesome.

Ethan continues to be an absolute pill much of the time. When he's not being miserable he's an absolute joy to be around, though! My latest technique of distracting him from wanting to be held long enough for me to pay a bill/wash a dish/pee/bang my head against the wall is to grab anything in site that's baby safe and make it seem like it's the coolest thing in the world. I find that tupperware containers and/or lids work nicely, as do wooden spoons, water bottles and sharp kitchen knives.

ANYWAY! Poor little guy is cutting a tooth AGAIN. He's on his ninth tooth, which means he's almost got a tooth for every month he's been alive. Oh, and he pulled the same wake-up-every-three-hours bullshit last night, for the THIRD night in a row. I'm hoping it's the tooth, otherwise he must have decided that the schedule we worked SO. FUCKING. HARD. to establish just wasn't working for him anymore, and he took it upon himself to create a whole new schedule without consulting the parents first. I'm hoping it's just that rat bastard tooth, and he will be getting a big fat dose of baby Tylenol tonight before bed. And maybe a shot of whiskey, if he's extra fussy.

I think tonight I'll have my 2nd (and last) free meal for the week, which will consist of a couple lite beers and a few fun-size candy bars. Full report on that tomorrow. I know you just can't wait!

(YES, I said I was giving up drinking for awhile. To me, 5 days is a looong while. Hey, I'm working it in, man!)

Yesterday's Food:

1/3 c. (dry measure) oatmeal with splenda
3x1 omlette (3 whites + 1 whole egg)
black coffee

1 slice cheese rolled with 2 slices lean turkey
coffee with splenda and 2 T. evaporated milk

South Beach chicken and vegetable pizza

white cheddar rice cake + 2 T. peanut butter

1 serving Basque Chicken... sooooo freaking good! It's basically skinless chicken breasts in a little olive oil with diced tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic, olives, red pepper, paprika, chicken broth and oregano. I got the recipe from this cookbook, which has a ton of healthy protein & carb balanced recipes in it. It made 4 servings, so I've got 3 more meals ready to go in the fridge. I eat this with 1 c. brown rice.

Diet Rootbeer

Total cals: 1,375

Workout: 20 mins. step aerobics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page