11.04.2006

Saturday

Ethan woke up at 5:30 this morning. I think he had some gas or an upset tummy, and when I finally admitted to myself that he was not going to fall back asleep like I wanted him to I peeled myself out of bed to go rescue him. Sheesh, being a baby is so hard. He was standing in his crib facing the door, gripping the bars tightly with both hands and cursing at me in screaming baby talk. Top of the morning to you, kind mother. What in bloody hell took you so long? Now, change my stinky diaper and feed me at once! I think he actually snapped his fingers, chop-chop style.

Today is day three of my quest to lose the jiggle, and the first day of slightly dwindled enthusiasm. Not enough to stop what I'm doing by any means, but I was tiiiiiiired this morning and needed to do my hour of weight training. Doing push-ups and bench presses and bent-over rows and squats, oh especially squats, for they are Satan's exercise!... these are not things you look forward to when you're dead tired and irritated.

However! I did it anyway, and I feel soooo much better. It's true that I never regret working out after I'm done. No matter how much I don't want to get started, I'm never thinking well damn, that just sucked. Why did I do those 30 minutes of cardio? What a waste of time! after the fact. I'm happier, more energetic and proud that I followed through. Sometimes the promises we make to ourselves are the hardest to actually keep.

(Whoa! Where'd that little gem of wisdom come from? See, working out and eating well is making me wise, oh so wise!)

(Is it apparent that I like to use italics for word emphasis? It's like I'm actually talking to you, isn't it? Brilliant!)

(See, I am sleep deprived.)

Anyway, later today I am baking a cake for my mother-in-law. White cake with butter cream icing, which yum. BUT! I don't think I want to waste a free meal on it. So, I'll just have to practice saying "No, but thank you!" with a smile and moving on. I don't expect to get a pat on the back every time I work out when I don't feel like it or each time I pass on a food that's not on my plan, but I can still blog about it, can't I?

Yesterday's Grub:

South Beach wrap
coffee with 2 packets Splenda and 1/4 c. 1% milk

Chicken salad sandwich:
1 can of chicken mixed with red onion and 1 T. lite mayo on 2 slices whole wheat, hi-fiber bread and romaine lettuce

the smallest apple I have ever seen
2 string cheese

1 white cheddar rice cake spread with 2 T. of chunky peanut butter
black coffee with Splenda

lean turkey patty
squash soup
steamed broccoli & cauliflower

1 c. 1% milk

Total calories: 1,490

Exercise: 30 minutes step aerobics (stop laughing, this shit is hardcore!)

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Jadey said...

Awww sooo cute! What a gorgeous outfit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page