10.16.2006

Dream On

Let me start out by saying that Ethan slept through the entire night last night. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Ever, as in up until this point he has always woken up at least once during the night to feast on my tired and weary boobage, guzzling my milk down like an alcoholic chugs a bottle of cheap tequila. Lately it's been once a night instead of twice, but HELLO HE IS STILL WAKING AT NIGHT. HE IS ALMOST TEN MONTHS OLD. I feel horrible admitting this fact, because certainly I could've (and should've) put an end to it months ago. It's just... I really didn't want to. I wanted to, but I didn't want to more. It would've taken some effort. We were in a happy place. (Ok, I'm lazy. There. I HAVE NO SHAME.)

ANYWAY! Last night D and I were eating a late dinner of steak and baked potatoes while Ethan played on the floor in his ultra-cute footie pajamas. He crawled over to me and pulled up on my chair, then proceeded to bite my thigh (because what is more fun than biting your mother's thigh so hard it makes her cry? I can't think of a single thing, and I intend to naw on my own mother's thigh as soon as we get back to Texas next week.). I picked him up and gave him some tiny bites of my steak and pieces of my potato. Fifteen minutes later we read him a book and put him to bed. At 5:45 a.m. this morning I woke up in a panic because it was the first time in over ten months I'd gotten a full, uninterrupted night's rest. Many thanks to the delicious, tender, protein-filled Angus beef and hearty white potato from the night before. I am going to start dumping Ethan in his crib at night with a rack of ribs and a wet wipe. Goodnight baby! Save the bones for the dog!

Unfortunately I have something else standing between me and my sweetest of dreams: Drew. He snores. He snores soooooo horribly. It simply cannot be ignored. I start by nudging him. Then I push. Pushing turns to kicking, and sometimes I put a pillow over his head. The kicking usually rouses him enough to snort himself awake, then he rolls over and says "I love you baby", and the whole thing starts over again. I would rather wake up twelve thousand times a night to feed Ethan than listen to my husband snore. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do about it? PLEASE HELP.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I have the same problem and so far as I can see, there's only one solution short of getting separate bedrooms. And that is EARPLUGS. I have earplugs which my husband regularly steals from work. Those foamy, bright green or orange deals that guys where at shooting ranges. I shove 'em waaay in there (sometimes I wake up and my ears HURT, but hey, I don't hear the snoring) and voila, I'm asleep!

I've also actually thought about purchasing some "noise cancelling" earphones, but those require batteries. I am cheap. And also, they're kinda bulky and I probably would have to sleep on my back to wear them.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Well, first of all,CONGRATULATIONS on Ethan's first full night's sleep. And by the way, you are so-o-o-o lucky - I had two babies...count them, that's TWO....who did not sleep through the night until they were THREE YEARS OLD! Does long-term sleep deprivation destroy brain cells? It might explain some things...

Anyway, snoring husbands. There is no solution. I've tried special pillows, tricks to stop him rolling on his back...nothing works. You will simply have to kill him. Or have him get a job where he works night shift.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Jadey said...

Send Hubby off for a sleep study - Quite possibly they can fix his snoring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page