11.14.2006

New Year

I seriously can't believe it's mid-November. Thanksgiving is... next week? That can't be right. (consults calendar) It IS! Whoa.

What do you all do at the end of the year? I organize the year's bills and paperwork and file them away to make room for the flood of paper invoices and statements to come. (Uh, "file" meaning dump into a box and label 2006.) I've asked many people what kind of system they have to keep themselves organized, and noone really had any spectacular way of doing things. I keep everything together but it's totally out of order by month, like my car insurance bills and paperwork is squished together but it goes from April to January to November to June, in no particular order at all. If I need to find something I have 12 or less months to sort through, so I figure that's not a huge deal. Is it? I really can't be bothered.

Otherwise I'm super organized! I always have my planner out and I check it daily. My husband and I have come a looooooong way with paying off debt and getting things to where we actually see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, horray! It's funny to think that just 3 years ago this month we moved into our first apartment together. We had nothing. We went completely insane with the credit cards. (We learned our lesson.) There was a time of great despair, because my gawd we'll never have anything nice and we will be in debt forever and life sucks and I don't want to grow up! But that time is long gone and for the first time I'm really and truly excited about the new year ahead. I have done a whole lotta growing up this year. Sometimes my husband jokingly tells me he doesn't even know me anymore, and honestly I surprise myself sometimes, too. Having a kid does crazy things to your head. I'm all concerned with retirement and savings and health benefits, I make my husband smoke far away from me and E, I drive the speed limit (most of the time) and follow rules and regulations and man, it goes on and on. This is quite a change from the cocaine-sniffing, beer-bonging, body-piercing Sara of 2003. 2004, even!

I must say that I do like myself better this way. At least I can say that I've gotten those wild tendencies out of my system for the most part. Besides, I could still down a mean beer-bong if I wanted to, for those are skills you never lose. It's just, do you know what beer does to your metabolism? I guess that's where the coke comes in handy.

Yesterday's Eats

Proatmeal:
1/3 c. (dry measure) oatmeal with 1 scoop whey protein and Splenda
coffee with Splenda and 1/4 c. 1% milk

3 oz. salmon with 1/4 avocado, onion and lettuce in a whole wheat, lo-carb wrap

1 apple
2 lite string cheese

Choco-peanut butter-banana shake:
1/2 pitcher of ice
2 packets Splenda
1/2 small banana
1/2 c. 1% milk
1/2 T. peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
splash of water

Blend until smooth and creamy. It is soooo-ooo-ooo good.

1 c. turkey chili (I accidentally got the kind with NO beans)
steamed mixed veggies
2 caramel-corn rice cakes (to make up for the lack of beans, heh)

Cranberry pomegranate green tea and a stick of sugarless gum

Total cals: 1,375*

Workout: 30 mins. step aerobics (I have so many of these suckers that I never do the same cardio workout in a week, the result of once being a chronic over-exerciser with OCD.)

*This includes the gum, because I still have some twisted form of OCD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page