11.22.2006






Cute, huh? What's that? Oh, the picture of food, right. Well! That, my friends, is what my husband ate for dinner last night. This is actually a typical meal at home for him. I had fish, brussel sprouts and a sweet potato. He had a pepperoni hot pocket, FRIED onion rings and half a loaf of cheese-garlic bread. He could have saved at least part of his heart and baked the damn onion rings, but he insists that frying is "so much quicker" and tastes "so much better". He fries any and everything that can withstand being submerged into a pot of hot oil. His 4 food groups are grease, fat, salt and alcohol. Trust me, I'm on his ass about it. Yesterday while he was eating I asked him if he wanted me to re-marry after he has his heart attack at the tender age of 25. I'm not sure if I got my point across, though.

::

This morning Ethan and I went to the DMV to get my last name changed on my driver's license. Yup, I've been married for well over a year and am just now getting around to legally changing my name. The first week in October I drove 40 minutes to apply for a new social security card with my new last name. No sweat, it took maybe 5 minutes and I was out the door. I was to receive the card by mail within 2 weeks. I never got the card, and when I called yesterday they insisted that I come back to the office to RE-APPLY. Fuck. Ok. And I needed to have identification with my new last name on it. Soooooo I had to get my new license in order to get my new social security card. And because I'm a glutton for punishment, I decided to do it all at once. Ethan was great at the DMV, but by the time we made it to the SS office, well. Yeah. Unless there was a pretty girl nearby to flirt with (gah, he's such a pimp!), I was frantically rolling him around in his stroller trying to distract him from his misery until it was our turn. We survived, but he missed his morning nap. The rest of the day should be fabulous. I can't wait. I am so very excited. (HELP.)

(Oh, and if you happen to have the social security card that I never received, FUCK YOU. My posse is watching...)

The lady at the DMV gave Ethan a balloon that she had at her desk. A big shiny purple HAPPY BIRTHDAY balloon. I thought that was odd. Nice, but.... it's not his birthday and balloons + babies doesn't exactly = safe, does it? She mentioned that she's a soon-to-be grandma. Marvelous. Also!? This guy at the SS office tried to give Ethan 2 quarters. That's nice and all, but, uh... I think people are trying to choke my kid. Maybe in 1955 parents tossed coins at their kids to shut them up or something. Doesn't seem to work nowadays, although I suppose if he were to choke he'd be quiet about it, right? Maybe that's what he was going for.

::

Anyway! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have many, many things to be thankful for. First, I'm thankful that my kid didn't choke on quarters or his balloon. I'm thankful that I have been able to stay home with him for this entire year. I am thankful that I'm going back to work in a few months. I am thankful for my husband, who works really hard and puts up with a lot of crap in order to provide for his family. I'm thankful for my stupid yippity chihuahua. I'm thankful for my health, for my family's health (though I'm not sure how much longer my husband has eating like he does). I'm thankful that a new season of The Real World starts tonight. I'm thankful that I have calories to count (and food to eat!). I'm thankful for Ethan's laugh. For his smile. I could go on forever. I think I'll stop here. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Take a moment to be thankful for what you've got, because IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE. ;)

Yesterday's Eats

1/3 c. (dry measure) oatmeal mixed with 1 c. lo-fat cottage cheese, cinnamon and Splenda (This was really good. Looked like puke but was tasty as hell!)
coffee and Splenda

choco-pb-nana-protein shake
more coffee and Splenda (me and the coffee, we have a love affair we do...)

3 oz. salmon, 1/4 avocado, onion and red leaf lettuce on a whole wheat flatbread
diet dr. pepper
green tea

1 apple
2 lite string cheese
1 small chocolate chip cookie (gasp! 'Twas delicious and accounted for...)

5 oz. whitefish filet
medium sweet potato with 1 T. trans-fat free margarine
brussel sprouts (is it brussel or brussels? they're delish either way!)
green tea

Total cals: 1,505

Workout: Power Hour (I'm on my last week of this program! Next week I'm switching to Maximum Intensity Strength.)

3 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I love the Ethan photos! soooo cute!

That's awesome if you link to my blog. I need to figure out how to do that on my own site, and I'll link back.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Hey, happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you served your husband something tastier (and a lot less processed) than that fried mess in the photo. I can feel my arteries clogging just LOOKING at that crap.

Better go gaze at some spinach and broccoli for a while to compensate.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jadey said...

I reckon dieting would be hard with him eating all that crap in front of you. But then although it probably smells great it actually looks like crap!

Ethan is ever the cutie pie.

Happy thanksgiving! We dont have it here in Oz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page