11.27.2006

Decided

I'm getting sick. This blooooows. I woke up yesterday with that kinda-sorta scratchy throat thing going on, plus a not-quite-but-almost stuffed up nose. It's worse today. Ethan has a cough. (Blech. Ack. Spit.) I hate this feeling. BUT! I worked out anyway. My thinking goes: when I am coming down with something and I say screw it, I'm working out anyway and pushing myself until I die! then I tend to get sicker quicker (surely that's not proper grammar, but it does sound cool... sicker quicker... heh). On the other hand, if I am coming down with something and say oh, poor me, guess I can't work out! and I mope in all of my misery then I also tend to get sicker quicker. So, I worked out and pushed myself but it was a shorter workout. I feel good now so I think it was a smart move.

::

I have decided to quit my whining and enjoy, REALLY ENJOY!, these last 2-3 months at home with Ethan. I know that when I start work it will be great. Oh, I'll have a purpose and an identity and a paycheck! Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! But after maybe a month or two I know I'll wish I was home with E. I'll curse myself and kick myself and regret not making the most of these last precious weeks. So, no more whining. I'm going to stop sighing so damn much. I am going to stop pinching the bridge of my nose and closing my eyes everytime something gets to me. I am going to smile. And ya know how they say that even if you feel like biting the head off a dove, just faking a smile will make you feel better? It's true.

Food yesterday

Healthy hi-protein french toast with sf syrup
black coffee with Splenda

choco-pb-nana-protein shake
more coffee with Splenda

3 oz. salmon mixed with 1 T. basil pesto and a big handful of broccoli slaw
raw veggies (cherry tomatoes, celery, baby carrots, etc.)
diet rootbeer

green tea
pear
2 lite string cheese

1 oz. mixed nuts

1 serving Florentine Chicken a la Pesto
lots-o-broccoli and extra spinach
green tea

stick of sugarless bubblegum

Total cals: 1,545

Workout: rest day, puttered around the house and hung a sports-themed border in E's room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page