12.15.2006

Friday





So I apologize for the crappy picture-of-a-picture of Ethan on Santa's lap, but if you can see his face it's pretty funny. He almost looks stoned, and also like he's testing the safety of Santa's lap by holding onto his beard for dear life and leaning towards the hard tile floor below. This was a spur-o-the-moment freebie at freaking Wal-Mart, so I didn't expect a whole lot. It cracks me up every time I look at it.

On that scary, scary plate is what my husband ate for dinner the other night. When I came into the kitchen and saw it I just could not resist taking a picture. It's almost like if you happen to have your camera with you and you see a flying pig, you can't believe it, you must capture it on film. Behold, a nutritionist's worst nightmare: a million tater tots smothered with a can of regular mystery meat chili with beans and 4 slices of full-fat processed cheese. That's 280 calories of cheese alone, so this meal really is ridiculous. He did bake the tater tots instead of frying them, which might mean he'll die at 29 instead of 27. I hope he lives those extra 2 years to the fullest. I am SO on his ass about his eating habits. I now take the "I am concerned for your health baby you just can't eat like that and be healthy!" approach instead of my old "Oh my god that is disgusting you're not seriously thinking of eating that are you?" method. Yeah.

So the highlight of my doctor visit yesterday was being weighed and discovering that I've lost 10 pounds. That's roughly 1.5 pounds lost each week, a reasonable and safe rate of weight loss. 10 more pounds and I'm at goal! As of today I'm no longer nursing, so I expect my weight loss to slow down a bit. Plus, it's the holidays. Plus, the closer you are to goal the slower things move. I know this, so I won't shoot myself if in another 6 weeks I haven't dropped another 10 pounds. But, I'm happy to say that I'm more motivated than ever to keep on trucking, to plan and tote some of my own food to my mom's for Christmas, to make every workout really count. I haven't lost my mojo, which is awesome.

Speaking of no longer nursing, um... I'm not sure why I always think that certain things don't apply to me, but... the nurse said the steroid shot would dry my milk up, and my gawd was she right. By yesterday evening, not having nursed Ethan for over 12 hours, my poor boobs shriveled up and died. A pitiful excuse for a rack. And this morning, skipping his morning session for the first time, no engorgement whatsoever. Which is great, because engorgement sucks hairy nuts, but... I don't know. I guess I'm still a little sad about it. It hasn't phased Ethan in the least bit, so our time had come. Now, time for breast implants!

Tomorrow we have a paaaaaarty to go to, a Christmas paaaaaaaarty. I am SO EXCITED. I'll probably have a few beers, but I do believe I'll be staying away from the miles and miles of food that will be there. And when I say a few beers, I really mean three-ish, not eight. I promise.

Yesterday's Food

coffee with Splenda*
hi-fiber hi-protein french toast with sugar free syrup

more coffee with Splenda

1 cup lo-fat cottage cheese with 1/2 c. unsweetened pineapple and Splenda
green tea

a very small but delicious orange
3 oz. lean steak strips with red onion on a bed of red leaf lettuce topped with 2 T. light golden caesar dressing
diet mountain dew

apple
2 lite string cheese
green tea

1 oz. mixed nuts

sweet potato with 1 T. basil pesto
5 oz. whiting filet
steamed mixed veggies
green tea

1 sugar cookie

Total cals: 1,640

Workout: None, resting & recovering from the fucking Plague

*I am cutting my Splenda consumption in half. I always use 2 packets of the stuff in my coffee and wherever else needs sweetening, but I'm now only going to use 1. Pat me on the back, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page