12.14.2006

$90 Later...

Naturally I scheduled my doctor appointment right smack dab in the middle of Ethan's usual morning nap. OF COURSE I DID, and you're not a bit surprised, are you? I didn't really realize this until we got there and I thought oh craaaaap, he should be sleeeeeeping right noooooow. The rest of my day is shot to heeeeeeeeeell. I also accidentally arrived 30 minutes early, since I'd never been to this doctor before and didn't know where I was going. $90 later I have a shot in my ass, a 7-day course of Biaxin XL and some decongestant, not too shabby considering I don't have health insurance at the current mo'. (But Ethan does, don't worry.) Today is quite obviously a rest day. Thankfully I'm already starting to feel a little bit better. Yay!

I also just want to mark down that today is the last day I'll be breastfeeding E. We're done! Finished! It's the end of the road, time to retire the twins. I had planned to drop our one remaining feeding on Sunday, but this steroid shot will likely dry up my milk completely and it's only 2 days ahead of schedule. I think it all worked out really nicely. I can't believe how easy weaning has been. I got lucky in every aspect of breatfeeding, from the minute Ethan latched on fresh from the womb up until this morning (almost 12 months later!), when he reluctantly nursed for like .25 seconds before deciding that psh, he had much better things to do, like eat dry cereal and watch Little Einsteins. My only complaint is that I didn't get to nurse him for the last time knowing that it would be the last time. Gah, this is actually choking me up a little. I'm going to go weep in a corner somewhere now.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Awesome about the breastfeeding. You should feel great about keeping that up for the whole first year! See, that is proof that you are a kick ass mom.

Glad your feeling better but sorry it took a shot in the ass to make it that way.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Hey, I'm getting teary too. God, I remember that feeling, wavering between "free at last!" and "Waah, my baby doesn't *sob* NEED me any more!"

Hope you're all better and snot-free in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page