12.18.2006

Guilty

Did anyone catch the new Family Guy last night? The cool whip scene had me laughing like a washed-out highschool stoner. I nearly peed my pants. That show is genius. Brilliant, I say!

::

Last night I went to vacuum out my car while Drew watched Ethan. I was driving the 55 mph speed limit on the main road home when I saw something in the middle of the road, something crumpled-looking and dark. It appeared to be a tarp that had fallen off of a truck, and I was on a dark, narrow two-way road, so I drove over the object but steered to where it would go under my car between the tires. It wasn't a tarp. IT WAS A FUCKING DOG. A dog that had just been hit and killed by someone else. So of course I didn't just glide by, I totally trampled that poor dog, my car clunked and thudded over it, which made the most horrible sound I have ever heard, EVER.

I panicked, froze, and pulled over. In the rear view mirror I saw a figure on the side of the street where the dog was. I turned around and drove back. There was a man, and by then he had removed the poor dog's body from the street. It was his dog, he had heard someone else hit it moments before, came outside and saw it in the road, was making his way over to it when here I fucking come out of nowhere and run it over again. Can you imagine? You just discover that your dog is dead in the middle of the street, and then before you can even start to take it all in another idiot drives through and runs it over again, this time right in front of your very eyes. I could not believe it. I rolled down the window and asked what had happened, told him how sorry I was and made him promise that I wasn't the one that killed it. I started bawling. I was sobbing so uncontrollably that the man approached my car, put his hand on mine and told me it was alright, to drive safely and be careful. CAN YOU IMAGINE? I know it wasn't my fault, it was dark, I was driving the speed limit, there are a million reasons in the world why I shouldn't feel as bad as I do, but I can't help it. I keep wondering if the man has kids, what would he say to them, how would he explain what happened?

::

Yesterday's Food

coffee and Splenda
5 egg whites
1 slice whole wheat toast spread with 1 T. peanut butter

more coffee and Splenda
1 scoop whey protein in water
a banana

egg salad (1 whole egg, 3 whites) made with lite mayo, mustard and onion on a bed of red leaf lettuce
an orange
diet rootbeer

an apple
2 lite string cheese
green tea

1 oz. mixed nuts

small sweet potato with 1 T. basil pesto
5 ounce whiting filet
steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, 'shroom, pepper, corn, carrot mix)
green tea

Total cals: 1,535

Workout: Maximum Intensity Strength

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, I know i don't know you but I'm so sorry to hear about your awful dog experience. I'm a huge dog lover and would've been absolutely distraught too. It wasn't your fault & it's great that you stopped and actually gave a damn (many people wouldn't). I'm sure the dog is now in dog-heaven munching on bones galore and having a great time!

Drea :-)

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Awww, Sara, I know how you feel...only worse - I actually ran over a dog about 10 years ago and killed it. Not my fault AT ALL, I was going slow in heavy traffic and it just ran under my front wheels from the side of the road, but I still felt like a murderer.

I was just about hysterical, especially since I had my 8 year old in the car with me, AND it was near a school and there were kids everywhere. I'm not just a dog-murderer, I'm a dog-murderer who carries out her foul deeds in front of children! :(

Think I'll go hug my dog now.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww babe I can only imagine the trauma. It's not your fault.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page