12.19.2006

Ethan

Baby Boy,

Oh, how you've grown! How you've changed! How you've somehow managed to take the words stinky diaper to a whole new level! You're almost 1 year old. It's crazy to think that this time last year, on this very day, I had high hopes of being induced. Those dreams were shattered when Dr. E checked out the scene and decided that you were still nestled and content in utero, that there was no need to induce and that you would come out when you were ready. This time last year I had already gone on maternity leave from work, we were moving out of our apartment and back into Grammy's house, and I was pretty much a swollen, beastly, hormonal and pregnant mess.

I spent Christmas last year hoisting my belly around, trying to be merry and cheerful and joyous. At the family get-together everyone kept telling me that I was glowing, that I looked fabulous, to enjoy this very pregnant time. I distinctly remember wanting to shove the Christmas tree straight up their asses, and maybe strangle someone with a string of Christmas lights for added effect. I somehow refrained, and 2 days later you were born.

This year has passed with one blink of my sleep-deprived eye. You are the brightest little star. You are filled with wonder and curiosity and innocence, mischief and love and laughter. Your cheeks are round and full and soft and warm, and I simply cannot kiss them enough. Your eyes are big and bright and blue, and they look into my soul. Your hair has grown into soft wispy curls, the exact same color as my own hair. Your smile is huge, open-mouthed and toothy, the most genuine thing I have ever seen. This time last year I had no idea what I was in store for, the very greatest experience of my entire life, the very best thing to ever happen to me. From the dimples in your little hands to the way you rub peanut butter in your hair so that it's impossible for me to get out, from your shockingly early tantrums to your love of books and blocks and SpongeBob SquarePants, you truly are my sunshine. If my heart bursts out of my chest and onto the floor from being filled with such an insane amount of love for you, I hope you've paid attention to where I keep the all-purpose cleaner and that you know how to work the child safety lock so that you can clean it up. I love you.

Mama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Food

coffee with Splenda
1/3 c. (dry) oats mixed with 1 c. lo-fat cottage cheese and Splenda

more coffee with Splenda
a scoop of whey protein in water
1 slice whole wheat toast with a T. of peanut butter

3 oz. salmon with 1/4 avocado, onion and lettuce
an orange
diet rootbeer

a pear
2 lite string cheese
1 lone homemade oreo truffle (was making them for gifts, had one and they are soooooo goooood!)
green tea

1 oz. Barilla Plus penne pasta with 1 T. basil pesto and 3 oz. chicken breast strips
steamed mixed veggies
green tea

Total cals: 1,590

Workout: Interval Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page