9.26.2007

Home Sick

I'm home sick today and bored out of my mind. What is UP with daytime television? Is Rock Of Love really as good as it gets? Oh the shame!

I got in and out of both the doctor's office and the pharmacy relatively quickly this morning, which was a nice change. I came prepared this time, without an energetic toddler in tow and with a book to keep me occupied. Of course, of course!, the one time that I wouldn't have minded a longer wait I am in and out, just like that. OF COURSE.

::

Currently I am reading Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!, and much much MUCH to my (and D's!) surprise I am digging football. I've never bothered to really watch it before, never tried to fully understand the principles and rules behind it. 34 pages in and I am fascinated. I'm hooked! I can't wait for a game to come on so I can put my knowledge to the test. Football is more than a bunch of guys in tights and helmets running around, slapping each other's butts and grunting. Who knew? D is elated.

::

Ethan is speaking in friggin' paragraphs now, he's totally writing novels. Last night while we were reading a bedtime story he pointed to a sheep and said, Look, there is a sheep! plain as flippin' day. He also likes to say Come on, come on, hurry, hurry, let's go Mommy! He has also learned how to say marshmallow, but only because we introduced him to marshmallow fluff. What a mistake that was. His dining requests these days are simple: cheetos and marshmallow fluff, please. Oh, with a sippy full of chocolate milk if it's not too much trouble, kind mother-o-mine!

::

Sara L. wrote a blog entry about motivation. It got me thinking about what motivates me to work out the consistent 5 or 6 days a week that I do. I guess I'm to the point now where I know I'll feel worse if I don't work out. Some days I'd rather eat a dog turd than do interval training, but then what? Then I end up feeling like a lazy, tired slob, and I always regret not doing it. And I never regret pushing myself to JUST DO IT. Skwigg wrote a post awhile back about how exercises is just a regular part of her day. There is no debate, no will I or won't I?, no to work out or not to work out? There is no question, it's just a part of her day, as regular as brushing her teeth. The same goes for me. My husband and I have worked out a schedule that assumes I will work out 6 days each week. He knows that on Tuesdays and Fridays I'll lift weights, and on most other days I will do cardio. He's great about watching E while I do this. He sees that working out makes me happy, it's my stress relief. I get cranky if I don't get to work out. And we don't want Sara to be cranky! (Heh.)

Frankly I don't see how or why anyone would NOT want to work out. Why not make time to take care of your body, to push yourself, to build strong muscles and protect your bones and add years to your life? It doesn't even have to be interval training, or heavy weightlifting (though I HIGHLY encourage heavy weightlifting, I could go on and on and on, but that's a whole other post)... it can be a simple 30 minute walk, or even 3 ten minute walks throughout the day. It could be running up and down the stairs for 10 minutes at your office during lunchtime, or yoga in the evenings. The bottom line is that it feels great to move your body, to set a goal and reach it. Improved body composition is a bonus. The high that I get from HIIT cardio and the muscle pump and rush of endorphins that I get from weights are enough to keep me going. You use it or you lose it, it's true. And you're not getting any younger! (Gasp!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page