9.23.2007

Sunday...

Today is our 2-year wedding anniversary. 2 years! We've been together since June 2003. Bought a car and moved in together at the end of 2003. Got engaged near the end of 2004. Married in September 2005. Had Ethan in December 2005 (yes, I was a most radiant bridezilla at 6 1/2 months pregnant, every little girl's dream). (My wedding dress was purple.) (Should have worn a stark-white dress, muahaha, hahaha, hahahaHA!) (Ahem.) It's been a bumpy ride, these last 4 1/2 years, with a whole lotta ups and downs. But that's to be expected, I think. Adjusting to marriage and a child and moving to Louisiana has taken it's toll, but it has also brought us closer together than ever before. Happy Anniversary, baby! We're quite the team. Please put your dishes IN THE DISHWASHER. I love you!

::

Last night we went and saw Superbad. It was super awesome. I'm not kidding... it's been a long time since I've seen a movie that didn't suck at least a little bit. A loooooooooooooooong time. I'll even declare that it was pure comedic genius. Two mordantly conceited thumbs up. (What the frick does that mean, anyway?)

::

I'm finally feeling like myself again with nutrition and exercise. I had a bit of a pity party carbfest on Wednesday night and all day Thursday, and Friday I slapped myself hard across the face and vowed to GET WITH IT already. It feels good to be back on track and kicking ass once again.

This coming week will be the last week in my 4 weeks of Muscle Max (say that five times fast). I'll then move on to 4 weeks of Leaner Legs and CTX Upper Body. Leaner Legs is especially hard and painful, so naturally I'm really looking forward to it. It's more moderate weight and higher-rep than Muscle Max, and not a second is wasted as you go from squats immediately into deadlifts followed by calf raises and then to lunges... you get the idea. Active recovery, hahaha, minus the recovery part. It's rad.

As for food I'm still doing Precision Nutrition, but I had gotten to the point where I was being super clean and strict all week, which naturally led to a 10% meal of massive and frightening proportions on the weekend. I'm getting away from that and focusing on following the program as written: 90% compliance, or 4 cheat meals per week. Cheat 1 was last night, when I had 1 1/2 buttered rolls with my salad at dinner. I also probably had too much diet soda, but come on, it's diet soda. Cheat 2 will be on Tuesday, when we celebrate a birthday at work with carrot cake (my fave-o!). I'm feeling good and am laying off the booze, because I'm finally admitting to myself that I am incapable of drinking and keeping food in check at the same time. As much as I love my wine, having a glass (which always turns into 1/2 a bottle at least) leads to me munching on crap like there's no tomorrow. I'll work on becoming a carrot-eating drunk in a few weeks time, but for now it's best to go cold turkey.

::

Today I did laundry, worked out, made a batch of Precision Nutrition post-workout peanut butter banana bars, cleaned the bathroom and swept/mopped the entire house. For I am super mom, super wife, super Sara... I'm SUPERBAD. Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page