9.07.2007

Friday!

Gah, things are crazy busy at work. I'm now the contracts administrator, general admin, secretary and office manager. We also have 2 new offices that have just one or two people in them, and for some reason I'm their go-to girl for EVERYTHING. The problem is that I don't have any answers to their questions. I pretend to, and I guess I learn new things this way, but damn. I'm taking the art of multitasking to a whole new level. But! Time goes by quickly and I leave each day feeling like I've actually done something useful and I adore the people I work with (most of the time, anyway). I suppose it could be worse, but it could ALWAYS be worse, ya know? That phrase no longer comforts me. Yeah, I could be dead. It's not really anyone's dream to be a CA or an office manager when they grow up, is it? Are young children everywhere aspiring to be administrative assistants? Anxious high school seniors lining up to get their go at contract administration? I think NOT. But. But! I haven't grown up yet so there's still time. THAT IS WHAT I TELL MYSELF LET ME LIE TO MYSELF IN PEACE DO NOT BURST MY SAD LITTLE ADMINISTRATIVE BUBBLE.

::

Since training in Boca my days have been a little unorganized food-wise. I finally broke down today and GAVE myself permission to skip my workout (weights! I skipped weights! I NEVER skip weights!). I never skip workouts. Like, ever. Not even when I'm feverish and my throat is swollen shut. But I've been PNing with enthusiasm for a several months now, and after the pigfest in Boca nearly 2 weeks ago my motivation has dwindled. I finally decided that today through Sunday I'm taking the pressure off. I skipped today's workout (though I WILL work out tomorrow and Sunday) and am eating cheetos and drinking Merlot. I know, it seems like I'm ALWAYS drinking Merlot. Yes. Well. I assure you I'm not. I wish I was! Perhaps an all Merlot diet is in order? No? Ok. Anyway! Monday I'm starting a whole new 12 week "challenge". I agree that a healthy lifestyle is not broken down into 12 week challenges, but for me it sometimes helps to keep my motivation up, plus you can remind yourself that there's a light at the end of the cottage cheese and eggwhite tunnel. I love the foods I eat on PN and how I feel with the meal timing and lower carb meal plan, but sometimes a girl needs to snuggle up with some fast food and booze and be a sloth for a day or two to get back on track. I am not one to let a weekend of trans-fat and alcohol totally derail me for weeks. If anything I'll be more than ready to go come Monday. The point is that I need a few days to not worry about eating veggies and protein at every meal so that I can kick ass more than ever for another 12 weeks. I feel good about that decision and I think the fact that I've written a huge paragraph explaining to the internet that I'M TAKING 3 DAYS OFF FROM MY USUAL ULTRA-HEALTHY EATING reveals just how fucking nutty I am. I'll be back to kicking ass on Monday. That's all there is to it. Do I get a cookie for recognizing that I need a break and actually giving myself one? (Better eat that cookie before Monday!) (That's my problem right there!) (Mmm, cookies.)

::

One last thing: Um, DOG FOR SALE. No, I WILL PAY YOU TO TAKE MY DOG. Here's a brief but accurate description:

Name: Bogart. Male chihuahua, 4 years old. Small build for his breed but fat as fuck. Tan fur, sheds enough to knit a sweater for planet Earth. Runs away when called. Licks up his own urine. Enjoys licking other dog's urine. Occasionally eats his own feces. I'm sure he enjoys other dog's feces as well. Snores. Snores. Snores worse than my smoking, drunk husband. Nips at strangers ankles. Did I mention he slurps up his own piss?

Charming, right? I've toyed with the idea of getting my father-in-law to shoot him and get it over with already. Seriously. He's just a disgusting pain in my ASS, but I can't bring myself to get rid of him. When he's gone I AM SO DONE WITH PETS. Done I say!

Now I feel bad. I'm going to go find Bogart now and pet him. And then I'm going to wash my hands with scolding hot water and undiluted bleach.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

ROFL, I almost fell out of my chair on the part about poor Bogart. Ha! too funny.

I had the exact same weekend you had! Except I've had THREE days off from the gym!!!

On my way home from work on Friday I pretty much knew there was not going to be a "clean carb-up" in my near future. Sometimes a girl just needs three chocolate bars and a bag of cookies... um... two bags of cookies. heh. Usually I work myself into a fit over doing this, but this weekend I was all RELAXED and sane about it. I just gave myself permission to be a total fatass for a couple days. How refreshing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page