7.13.2007

Friday Night...

...E is asleep and D is out running errands. The t.v. is off. Our house is quiet. There is absolutely nothing good on television. Nada. It's all crap. I'm starting to think that TiVo is a big fat waste of time. If I really want to watch something I will watch it when it airs. I don't love t.v. enough to have two must-see shows come on at the same time, and if I don't have the time to watch it when it airs I probably won't have time to watch it later, whatever it may be. Right now our saved show list consists of a few Cathe workouts from FitTv, a ton of skate and car shows, several episodes of The Office, Scrubs and Lil' Bush, and the rest is Blue's Clues, the Backyardigans or SpongeBob Square Pants. I guess the best thing about having a DVR is that you can magically pull SpongeBob out of your ass when your kid is throwing the tantrum of all tantrums and you're at the end of your rope. That's definitely a plus.

::

Though our trip to Texas that was supposed to happen this weekend (sob!) (it was cancelled due to a certain someone's boss being a total and complete donkey ass) (waaa!) I still took Monday off from work. And I'll most certainly be dropping E off at daycare per the usual routine. Then I will have 8 or so hours of time to do whatever the hell I want. Today I ditched the office after lunch and went and got a manicure. I now have short, bright red nails and they look fabulous. Who knew? I'm not a girly girl, but there's something very Marilyn about this color (it's OPI's Big Apple Red) and it makes my t-shirt, flip flop wearing self almost glamorous. (G, L, A, M... O, R, OUS... we're flyin' first class, up in the sky. Poppin' champagne...) Christ. That fucking song always gets stuck in my head. I like Fergie, especially since she peed her pants on stage, but damn. She got me love drunk off her hump... her hump her hump, her hump her hump her HUMP!

(Gah!)

::

In other news, one of my bosses has been blasting the same Flava Flav song over and over and over again. Actually, that's pretty cool. I must say, I'm kinda sorta maybe moving up just a little bit at my job, and it's nice. There's a bright side. Everyone at the office has fantastic taste in music. There was one time when boss#2 played that hideous, make-me-wanna-gouge-my-eyes-out Barbie Girl song, but only for a split second because I started to have a nervous breakdown. Do you know what song I'm talking about? One time in middle school my favorite radio station in Texas played it twenty seven times in a row, or something ridiculous. I get the shakes and start rocking back and forth with my knees tucked to my chest if I hear it.

::

See why I don't post much anymore? I have nothing to say. My gawd, life is boring but that's a good thing. Who wants drama anyway? NOT ME.

::

Ethan. My gawd people! He's just... amazing. Brilliant! A kickass, spunky, energetic and fun little kid. He says HEY MAMA and COLOR COLOR COLOR! (which is his all time favorite thing to do... you should have seen how hard he tripped over those bath crayons... you mean we get to color in the bathtub? For REAL?) He says please and thank you and bless you and WHERE DID IT GO? That's a new one. WHERE'D IT GO? and he'll shrug and throw his arms up like what the hell? It's so freaking cute. He can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and The Wheels on the Bus and Old MacDonald. His newest word is coaster. Coaster! What 19-month old says COASTER? A genius one, that's who. Anyway, he continues to blow my freaking mind almost every minute of every day. On Wednesday he got a POOR on his chart at daycare for behavior for the very first time and I couldn't believe it! The teachers said him and some other tots were picking on the new kid that can't walk yet. Apparently Ethan was trying to ride him like a horse. This horrified me, but made Drew beam with pride. OF COURSE. I felt better after learning that he wasn't the only one doing it, but dude... I guess I didn't realize that kids bullied each other at such a young age. On a more angelic note Ethan LOVES to help me clean up. We sing the clean up! clean up! everybody, everywhere! song and he's all about putting things back where they belong. Which is AWESOME. He has my permission to kick every new kid's ass if he continues to be such a big helper at home. Take that aggression out at school, son, bloody their noses! But don't let me find a crayon on the floor...

::

I've been on Precision Nutrition for 8 weeks now, and I've made some amazing, seemingly effortless progress. Not that it doesn't take dedication and planning and hard work, but the no calorie counting thing makes it a total breeze for me. There's a PN Challenge going on, the last day to register is this Monday, July 16. I'm in, and you should be too! The winner gets a free year's worth of groceries. You can read all about it here. Oh, and good luck, because I AM TOTALLY GOING TO WIN. (wink, wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page