6.28.2007

Irritated...

It's safe to say that I would rather give my dog a rectal exam than listen to Sammy Hagar. I mean, if someone threatened my life or my family's safety or something and said "You have a choice: either stick this probe up your pup's back door or listen to an entire Sammy album straight through," I would be up my dog's ass in a heartbeat. I'm just sayin'. And now you know.

::

(Where are you going? Don't click away, come BACK!)

::

My very favorite part of every day is 6-7 p.m. By this time my workout is usually done and those tingly, post-exercise endorphins are rushing through my system. Ethan has finished dinner and had his bath. (Recently he's been showering with his dad and absolutely loves it. It is remarkably cute how the two of them bond, I can hardly stand it.) Anyway, after his bath I usually fix him a sippy full of juice or fruit smoothie, put out a small bedtime snack (a handful of Kix cereal or flavored mini-rice cakes are both popular selections), turn Scrubs on the tube (Ethan LOVES Scrubs. He will literally sit on my lap and direct all of his attention to that show for, like, fifteen minutes at a stretch. I have no shame, I think it's a great show for him to like. And it is a great show...), and we sit on the living room rug to color and do puzzles. That stale daycare scent has been washed from Ethan's curls. Bogart stretches out at our feet. It's my most favorite time of day, every day. And it (almost) always puts me in a good mood. I really look forward to it. It's my one hour of pure, uninterrupted, guaranteed bliss, every single day.

4 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kek said...

The kid has taste.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey, I love the description of your favorite time of day. I also love that hour, when dinner is over and the kid is a bit happier for it (Cal gets SUPER GRUMPY before dinner, between 5 and 6pm, and that happens to be my least favorite hour). It's refreshing to realize that I'm having FUN much of the time, instead of being so focused on how behind I am in laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping and house projects... and take time to just enjoy a moment.

Thanks for the reminder...

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE Scrubs. It's so 'insightful'. When you are hearing the thoughts in JD's head, it's so often like the sort of things I think... this may be TMI.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE Scrubs. It's so 'insightful'. When you are hearing the thoughts in JD's head, it's so often like the sort of things I think... this may be TMI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page