6.10.2007

Over and Over and Over AGAIN...

Ethan was dancing around the living room watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel when I noticed an all too familiar "glisten" in his right eye. Upon closer inspection I concluded that yep, pink eye again. By again I mean the fourth time in four months. This is total insanity! I google pink eye every time he gets it, hoping that a new breakthrough cure has been found since the last time he had it. Poor baby! His eye is swollen and oozing a green discharge, which leads me to believe it is bacterial and not viral. I'm just waiting to get fired from my job because I've missed work for PINK EYE exactly 13,455,583 times. What can you do, ya know? I'll definitely talk to the doctor about what we can do to stop this madness, whether we should switch daycare facilities or not, and if, perhaps, we haven't administered the medication correctly/often enough/for long enough in the past and that's why he seems to get it every other flipping day. Who knows. Only two things are certain: Ethan has pink eye and it totally blows fat donkey nuts. Totally.

Despite that downer we followed through with our plans for the day (before his eye got really bad) and finally took E to the zoo. HE FLIPPED over EVERYTHING! It was awesome. It was awesome but so, so, sooooooooooooo very hot. We arrived at 9:30 a.m. and left at 11:30, and when we finally collapsed into our car I felt as though we'd been traveling in the desert with no water. Damn Louisiana summers! Hot and humid and just plain nasty. It's wrong when you start to sweat from walking at .000001 miles per hour at ten o'clock in the morning. Also, do you realize what this weather does to my hair? It's not pretty. Unless we magically flash back to 1972, it's not really the look I'm trying to achieve.

Anyway, so the zoo was awesome and we spent a trillion dollars in the stupid gift shop because look, look, a stuffed elephant! Never mind that Ethan doesn't give two craps about all the stuffed tigers and bears and bunnies he already has, must buy more stuffed animals. It's a sickness. (ALSO: $2 for a 20-oz. bottle of Minute Maid fruit punch? Seriously? Did it come with a shot of heroin?)

So, unless E's eye magically de-crusts itself overnight, I'm off work tomorrow with the red-eyed monster. Cross your fingers and toes that I score an early doctor appointment with zero wait, and that the pharmacy fills E's eye drop Rx in 20 seconds or less. (I should lower my expectations, I know. I realize that I'm setting myself up for a big letdown.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page