5.05.2007

Saturday!

I posted some new South Beach chicken recipes in my other blog, as well as a killer smoothie recipe I whipped up today. Now go forth, my friends, and eat well! I'll wait until you're finished before I continue on with my nonsensical ramblings. (taps foot impatiently) (begins to pick nose, but only because I think you're not looking) (I will totally wash my hands before I start typing again)

::

Ethan seems to have come and gone through a phase where he ever-so-slightly favored D over me. He recently started using "Mama" freely, and seems to constantly want me for comfort when he's fussy or clingy. We went through a fussy phase a few weeks ago when Ethan had a cold, but lately he's all smiles, giggles and bright blue eyes. I never expected that I would stop and stare at my son for a few moments EVERY.DAMN.DAY and just watch him, mesmerized by his cuteness and his curiosity and wonder how the hell we managed to create something so wonderful. I don't want another child at this point; I would feel complete if it were just the three of us forever. I'll admit that for the first several weeks of Ethan's life I repeatedly wondered to myself what made parents of multiple children decide to go through this all over again, two more times, three more times... in my mom's case, 5 more times. Can you IMAGINE? But now that I see how fast they grow and that you wish you could capture (almost) every moment and hold it forever in the palm of your hand, I can see how you'd start to want another one. I could go through this all again. Ethan is that damn wonderful. I'm not going to ditch the pill or anything, but I think we'd manage just fine if we did decide to add a new addition to the tribe. (Heh, tribe.)

1 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Blogger Kek said...

What makes parents do it all again? Uh... stupidity? Forgetfulness? A moment of unbridled lust?

Or maybe all of the above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page