4.19.2007

Thursday? YES! Thursday!

WHOOt! It's THURSDAY! I do love Thursdays. It's the day that all of our favorite t.v. shows come on, it's one day away from Friday, it's my second most favorite day of the week. Doesn't Thursday have a nice ring to it? A nice feel to it? Ahhh. Thursday. Yeah. Nice. Sweet.

::

Job update: I've been at an annual Water Environment conference the last 2 days, and it has really opened my eyes. I really think that I want to pursue a career in the environmental industry, but I need some guidance and direction. There are so many things I could do! I'll try to schedule a lunch with my boss to "pick his brain" (I've always hated that phrase, WTF?). He's been in this industry for 25 years and knows EVERYONE. Anyway, I'll have my associate of science at the end of May, and after that the sky's the limit baby! Can I get a hell yeah? (HELL YEAH!) Can I get a what-what? (WHAT-WHAT!) Can I get a refill on this glass of Chianti? (GULP, GULP.) Yeah. Nice. Sweet.

::

Baby update: Sheesh ya'll, I didn't sign up for this shit. The TANTRUMS. He's a ray of sunshine, a real TREAT, but if you even think of making a wrong move he will let you know. HE WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL. He pretty much runs the roost around here. He's totally king of the castle, and I am in the corner of the dungeon consulting my Super Nanny book on how to deal with his hitting and his tantrums and his great displeasure with 99.9% of everything that life has to offer. I agree, life kinda sucks, but damn. Soon I will introduce him to the magic of red wine. There, there. Drink up, son... mommy will make it ALL BETTER.

::

Fitness update: I am consistently working out 5 or 6 days a week, per the usual. I'm in my last week of Maximum Intensity Strength. I am unsure of what program to do for the next 4 weeks. I'm thinking of cycling back to Leaner Legs and CTX Upper Body, but I REALLY have my eye on the Cathe Pyramid and Superset dvds. I know I'll buy them eventually. I loved Muscle Max so much that after this next 4 weeks I will probably do it again, but I need to add some new dvds to my collection. I LOVE lifting weights. Nothing compares to how I feel after a good, kick ass weight workout. Good stuff y'all. Yeah. Nice. Sweet.

::

Non-un-anti-diet update: Thumbs up all around! Imagine, eating what I want when I'm hungry! WHAT A CONCEPT! The best part: NOT THINKING ABOUT FOOD BETWEEN MEALS. NOT COUNTING DOWN THE MINUTES UNTIL MY NEXT MEAL. NO MORE BINGING. Awesome. Really, I'm not sure what's different this go around but it is all fucking good. I've never felt better, never felt more in control, never turned down more spinach and artichoke dip (like at lunch today, for example). This has truly been a major life change, and the crazy thing is that I actually feel thinner. Clothes are fitting better. I made a promise to myself to NOT weigh for AT LEAST a month. So, mid-May I just might hop on the scale to see what has happened. And I'm not at all scared. Based on how I feel and look, based on the JOY of getting to eat without guilt and not making myself sick every sixth day, based on actually fucking LIVING LIFE and being passionate and healthy and ALIVE... this is what it's all about. Sucks that it took me 27 years to learn the true meaning of BALANCE, but hell, better late than never. Yeah. Nice. It really is sweet.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Sounds like things are going great. Please share, what are the good shows on Thursdays? I am looking for a good show to look forward to on Thursday. There's The Office but dammit if that's always reruns lately. And I can't seem to settle on anything else. You know, these are big decisions in life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page