5.28.2007

Sun... Monday...

I AM SO TIRED OF DOING LAUNDRY AND DISHES. I can't explain how badly I loathe these forever present household chores. I am usually the sole doer of laundry, I'd say 99% of the time. Occasionally my husband will fold clothes, and I think he's actually started a load of laundry exactly one time so far this year. That's kind of my thing. If asked enough times D will do the dishes, and he's usually willing to vacuum. We alternate days for bathing Ethan, but the laundry's mine. This is because Drew would never ask me to change his tire, or to change the oil. A wise man once brought this point to my attention. It was the same man that told me that every single problem in a marriage can be boiled down to NOT ENOUGH SEX. I really think he is on to something here. I can turn a sour, pissy day into rainbows, sunshine and brightly colored tulips with a blow job. Drew is more than happy to help me fold the laundry after a quicky in the kitchen. See what I mean?

::

Ethan has been quite the pill lately, and I feel like I'm always saying that but this time? I really totally completely mean it. I can't do ANYTHING without him hanging off of my leg. In the kitchen putting away groceries, making lunch, going pee. It makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs and maybe pull out a fist full of my own hair, it really does. I honestly felt a hot streak of resentment in my core when Ethan threw his carefully prepared dinner on the floor yet again. Awhile ago I would have never admitted to being so annoyed with my own kid, but because of other mommy bloggers out there I know that these feelings are both normal and okay. They are. I'm only human, and while Ethan's smile and laughter and quick wit are more than enough to make it all worthwhile, I still have "those moments". But I would never admit that if I truly thought I was the only one.

::

E's new favorite word is no, and he uses it in many ways. I'll fix him a piece of french toast, cut it up and bring it over to his highchair. He will look at it for a moment, tilt his head to the side, poke it a few times, then dismiss it with an unsatisfactory "No, no, no", all the while shaking his head from side to side. No madam, this simply won't do! I'll offer him his sippy cup, and he'll shake his head and say no like ah, thanks mom, but I'm not really thirsty right now. Maybe later. We'll dunk him into the bath tub and he will firmly and repeatedly chant a solid "No! No! No!" from start to finish. (Bath time is always a toss up. You just never know how it's going to go. What can one day be a wonderland filled with wetness and squeaky toys and bubbles, the next day is a fiery, burning hell. Keeps us on our toes.)

::

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you're not watching Scrubs you should run to your local Blockbuster and rent every season you can get your hands on. I always feel like watching Scrubs. I'm always in the mood for it. It's great. It really is great.

::

My mom and her longtime boyfriend-practically-husband just bought a huge house together, so this means they'll be merging households. Him and his son, with my mom, 2 sisters and 2 brothers. It should be interesting! I think it will be great; the house is huge and spacious and absolutely beautiful. But my mom and her guy are so sickeningly in love, I'm secretly wondering how living together will impact things. It's just always... interesting to hear about other people's marital pet peeves. And if none turn up? I'll be officially repulsed. If he puts his shoes anywhere but the middle of the living room rug and cleans out the pockets of his pants before throwing them into the dirtylaundry basket, I say she's a lucky woman and has got herself a keeper. (Yeah, but will he fold laundry?)

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Kek said...

You mean it's actually possible for husbands to put their shoes somewhere other than the middle of the floor? Who knew?

BTW, the "he does the car stuff" excuse doesn't wash.... how often does the oil get changed? Twice a year? And laundry? Uh...in my house, that's an almost every day thing.

See, not the same at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page