6.17.2007

Sunday...

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the baby daddy out there! Unless you're a deadbeat that doesn't play an active part in your child's life, of course. A very UN-happy Father's Day to YOU. (Ahem, that was for my biological father. Bastard!)

::

I'm a wee bit hungover today because last night D and I went out to eat. I kicked the night off with a celebratory glass of Merlot before we even left the house, and since we went to a Mexican restaurant I felt the need to order a margarita. I said no to the chips and salsa and chose steak with avocado relish, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies over a greasy, cheesy, fried entree, ALL so that I could 1)have a big margarita and 2)have dessert, duh. While I feel I balanced out my food choices pretty well, I did NOT balance out my alcohol, that's for sure. That damn tequila snuck up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and then sucker-punched me the minute I turned around. At one point BEFORE the blow but post margarita I commented to D that hey, I think I just might order a glass of wine! Great idea! but he knew what was to come after watching me slurp my grande margarita down like it was kool-aid and begged me not to. The point is, drinking is probably something that should be well thought out, not purchased impulsively because it looks "pretty". Duh, I know. What was I THINKING? Fortunately, forcing myself to do some cardio actually made me feel better, and now that I'm showered I almost feel normal. But this is my message to you, dear friends: Think before you drink.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Have you tried a 'chilli tequila'? It's like a sauna party in your mouth. I swear it must have some metabolism boosting effect, all that sweating..

:O)
Sounds like a fun night. I love Mex restaurants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page