5.28.2006

Yummy!





Ethan got his very first taste of solid food tonight. He turned 5 months old yesterday so we figured it was time. I honestly wish that I could breastfeed FOREVER. I love the bonding aspect of it, I love when he gets distracted by his daddy or the dog and turns away to look at whatever caught his eye, I love when he reaches up at me and stares into my soul as he suckles with those big piercing deep blue eyes, how he grabs the hem of my pulled up shirt with his whole tiny fist, how he sometimes sucks too hard and too fast and then gasps for air. It's hard to accept that he won't need food from me forever. Half of me is sad that he's moving on to more toddler-like fare, because I swear to gawd it was only yesterday that my milk still wasn't in and he was starving and this was but a dream. But I'm also extremely proud of his energy, his determination and his strength as he approaches the half-year mark. I can't wait to see what the second half of his first year brings. I feel confident as a mother, as a wife and as a person. Having Ethan was really probably honestly the best thing that ever, EVER happened to me. It brought out my strengths and my weaknesses, challenged me, made me see what I am capable of. He is such a blessing!

Ok, I've had an ENTIRE bottle of cheap red wine tonight, so excuse the above. I wanted to document this very special day somehow and I'm feeling rather sentimental. Right now Drew is complaining because I'm spending too much time on the internet, and the Mavericks game is about to start. Goodnight!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Holy fuck. I just read what I wrote last night and, um... well, to write an entire paragraph on how I LOVE breastfeeding my poor innocent baby and then to admit that I'd just consumed a bottle of wine seems... wrong? Ahem. I ASSURE you, I spaced out my drinks and timed it with his feedings to be sure that he didn't wake up in a puddle of his own vomit, naked and lying next to some strange guy named Stan. I know that downing a bottle of Southern Comfort while nursing my baby is probably not smart, even if I do live in Louisiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page