4.28.2006

4 Months...

Today is Ethan's 4-month well-baby checkup. I'm excited to find out how much my little chunker weighs and how his height and weight and head circumference compare with other babies his age. I'm also looking forward to talking to the doctor about starting him on rice cereal and other semi-solid foods in the next 2 months. However, there will also be shots involved and this makes me happy in the same way that sticking a needle into my eyeball makes me happy. I look forward to THE SHOTS about as much as I look forward to wiping my ass with sandpaper.


Ethan did amazingly well with the 2-month shots. He cried, yeah, but once we got to the car and I nursed him he was fine. He fell asleep on the way home and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for the rest of the day (i.e., extra fussiness, etc.). HOWEVER, I will most certainly knock on wood because babies like to keep you on the edge of your freaking seat, they like to change things up, they like to KEEP IT REAL. This time his head might spin around and he might scream for 18 days and he might mentally note to stick me in a nursing home the very first chance he gets, because CLEARLY I am the one sticking this sharp and painful object into his fat little thigh and I should be punished immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page