5.10.2006

Loo-zee-ana

I always get super offended whenever people make fun of Texans like we're all just a bunch of redneck-toothless-flanel-wearing-tobacco-spittin'-shotgun-groping drunkards, but clearly I am a hypocrite because I've been ragging on the good people of Louisiana ever since moving there became even a remote possibility. Heh. Go figure. I may be drunk and have indeed worn flanel in the past (think Nirvana, grunge and converse, ok?), but I am soooo above those barefoot-gator-eatin'-nutra-rat-shootin'-crawfish-boilin' cajuns. I mean, really.

In other news, I am currently eating a pop-tart. An off-brand cinnamon pop-tart. So, technically, it is a "toaster pastry", not a pop-tart. But: YUM! Have not consumed this delightful blend of sugar, fat and refined overprocessed flour in, oh, literally years. Is especially delicious with milk.

Ethan is asleep in his crib as we speak. He's been NAPPING in his crib since yesterday (up until now he's been napping in his swing but in his crib at night). I kinda feel like he's thinking 'Finally, FINALLY! Finally she got me my own bed!' because he's not resisting at all like I expected him to. Sure, he might fuss a bit here and there but he always falls asleep and pretty much stays asleep IN HIS CRIB until he's ready to wake up. Unless you were here, actually physically hello-how-ya-doin' here during the first month of Ethan's life, you will never fully understand why this is such a big deal to me and why I cannot stop talking about it. You're probably thinking Um, yeah dumbshit, babies and cribs go together like freaking peanut butter and jelly, what the hell are you smoking? and to that I will say that I am, in fact, not smoking anything because I am breastfeeding, but thanks for asking. Also, fuck off.

This generic cinnamon toaster pastry has gotten me off on some sort of sugar high. Clearly there is no need to smoke anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page