7.18.2005

Bump in the Night...

Saturday at precisely 3:07 a.m., I abruptly awoke to my heart rattling in my chest. Someone had their music up LOUD, and the base was shaking me to the core. At first I thought that it was just a car passing by, but after a good 5 minutes of 'thump, thump thump, THUUUUUUMP', I knew it was our new neighbor. D stumbled to the east wall and put his ear to it... "Yeah, it's our fucking new neighbor" he told me. "Oh HELL no!" I exclaimed, my cheeks growing hot with fury. They'd only begun moving in THAT SAME DAY, and already they were disturbing us!? I stomped down stairs in my pajamas, my hair an absolute mess, my face imprinted with pillow-y goodness, and went to their front door. Just as I raised my fist to knock, our neighbor on the other side of these new and already disliked neighbors came around the corner in HER pj's, too. I thought, 'sweet, backup!'. I knocked and within seconds a skinny, pale, stringy haired kid with a birds nest goatee stepped outside. "Yeah, uh..." I began. "We're all down with the cool music and shit, but not at 3 a.m." was all I could think to say without being a total bitch. "Yeah," backup neighbor agreed. "Ok," he nodded his head and quietly went back inside. I stormed back in and dove under the covers. And then it occured to me... I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I never thought I'd be the totally unhip adult knocking on someone's door telling them to turn down the fucking music so that I could sleep. It wasn't but maybe 2 years ago that I WAS that kid. And now... pregnant, about to be married, AN ADULT... I was the annoyed mature one ruining all the fun. I felt guilty as I drifted back to sleep. At 7:45 a.m., I woke up ONCE AGAIN to the same base line. FUCKER. I shivered, pulled the covers over my head and tried to drown out the unbearable rattling. The worst part? He was playing Cypress Hill, OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. No variety. I guess he only owns one cd. When D came home from work at 9:45 a.m., he said that they were sitting outside drinking BUD ICE. On a Sunday morning. Welcome, new neighbors!! WHAT CRAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page