6.13.2005

What's in a Name?

Ok... we've decided on names. First names. Middles are still in progress, though I've secretly chosen them and my fiance just doesn't know he's going to agree to them yet. Muahahahaha! Evil mommy laugh!

Boy: Ethan Jude OR Ethan Phillip
Girl: Savannah Avagail or Savannah Aubrey

Yup, that's what we are going to name our little pea-in-pod. I figure the first names are "normal" enough to not dork-ify our kid from the start, and the middle names are just "cool" and "creative" enough (Phillip aside, it's a family name) for people to say "Wow, groovy middle names!" without thinking 'good luck with that, kid'. I think they are also safe enough that our child can go by his/her middle name if they wanna. Yup.

Know what I've realized? People are frickin NUTS with the names.
Some people I know who don't even HAVE kids and aren't even anywhere NEAR pregnant have "claimed" names! If I bring up the baby name thing, asking for suggestions and ideas? Some have actually said "Well, I've always liked the name Butternut but it's mine so don't use it". I don't wanna use Butternut, but... I like the option to be OPEN no matter what.

So now? If you're thinking of having kids or are expecting? I've already claimed my names. It's like a gang or something. 'Wha choo claimin?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page