5.13.2005

Tick... Tock...

This day? Cannot go by any slower. CAN. NOT. Every minute? Is like an hour. IT SUCKS. It's Friday, and I am being tortured by the clock that never moves.

Yesterday, I had my first prenatal exam. I SAW THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT! I saw his little peanut shaped body just hanging out, lounging around in the great unknown. And there was this little flutter, this light that flashed rapidly... and it was his(her) heart. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. It made me get all teary, and it made this pregnancy REAL for me. There's a little person growing inside me. He(she) says "hey, y'all!"...

I learned that morning sickness is the most severe between 8-10 weeks, and since next week marks my 8th week... there's still time to puke. I'm just gonna pretend I'm past that point and not dwell on it. Morning sickness? What's that???

I honestly feel like I've become part of some club (the Mommy club!) that I wanted NOTHING to do with before, but now that I've joined? I LOVE IT! We really need to work on a secret handshake or something. A password, at the very least.

Something cool, like 'mashed bananas' or something. Did I REALLY just say that?

I'm also noticing that as I get more and more "into" the pregnancy, the CHEESIER I get. See the little time bar at the bottom of this blog? With the cute baby colors and little baby counter showing how far along I am? Total cheese-city. But I love it and have looked at it like 8 times since putting it on here. Next thing you know, I'll be decorating the nursery in some NUTS-O jungle theme or something. I'm losing my mind. But I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page