5.11.2005

Pea in the pod...

Being pregnant isn't easy. I'm always tired. ALWAYS. I could pass out for hours at any given moment. Maintaining my pre-pregnancy exercise schedule has been a bit of a chore, but I'm finally kicking my own ass and making SURE to keep up with it. I slacked for maybe 3 days, and not even in a row. So that's not SO bad. Eating has been an even bigger challenge. I am finding that I'm honestly not satisfied with some of the "healthier" foods I was eating in place of their not-so-healthy counterparts... so giving myself permission to relax the eating rules a bit has been a struggle. I've got to get over the all on nothing mind set. But I'm getting better... last night I worked my ass off at the gym for an hour but then came home and ate fried chicken and mashed taters with a biscuit for dinner, because I've had this ridiculous craving for fried chicken for the longest time. It's all about balance, yes? Yes. Oh, and also? Accepting the fact that I need to eat more than the standard 1,500 calories a day is difficult. So is realizing that I WILL GAIN SOME WEIGHT. I refuse to be one of those 200+ pound moms who never lose the baby weight afterwards because they're too busy/lazy/unmotivated. So keeping my weight gain to a minimum is important to me... still, 10-15 lbs. is inevitable. I wish I could be one of the skinny stick pregnant maternity models I keep seeing in Pea in a Pod and Edamame maternity clothing adds, but my body wasn't model-like before becoming pregnant, and pregnancy isn't just going to magically morph me into model-mommy shape. Anyway, I'm trying to find a healthy and happy middle ground that lets me indulge some of my cravings and not focus on counting calories so much but also keep up with my workouts and staying in shape throughout the pregnancy. My baby and my ass will thank me later, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page