1.20.2005

Mr. Sandman

Sleep deprivation is like a drug. When my nightly date with Mr. Sandman doesn't last as long as it should, I always feel like I'm on something. I am fuzzy minded, careless, I think everything is funny, I can't remember my own name and sometimes my head feels like a balloon. I'm also very easily annoyed and I tend to squint a lot. I think I'm always sleep deprived to some degree, so bare with me if things don't make sense.

This being my first post, I tried to come up with something really cool and witty to say. I tried. Unsuccessfully. It's like when I was a kid in gradeschool... leave me alone in the back of the class and I know all the answers and come up with marvelously brilliant ideas that I keep to myself. Pick on me to answer the question and I freeze up, my mind draws a total blank and I feel my face get hot. It's as if my brain turns inside out and becomes completely useless. My brain turns to freaking ramen noodles. The kind in a cup, at that.

Hopefully I'll have something more entertaining and/or insightful to say tomorrow. Just don't put me on the spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page