2.08.2005

But baby it's cold outside...

Man oh man... the heater in my office is broken and no one seems to care. I work at an Air Balance company for cryin' out loud. Shouldn't our air be balanced (not too hot, not too cold)? Apparently, the answer is NO.

Sitting here at my desk, practically going into a coma from staring at my computer screen for so long, cold seeping in from the window 2 feet behind me, a small floor heater puttering away at my feet... I'm BORED. Bored to tears. I've been alone in the office for about 4 hours now. So I don't even have to "look" busy! I could seriously take a nap. Sweet, sweeeeeet sleep, how I long for thee so!

This morning I made my usual Protmeal (oatmeal + protein powder, yum), and after the microwave "beeped" to alert me that the oatmeal was finished cooking, it kept going! The microwave turned off... there was nothing in the display screen, as is normally the case when not in use but this time it was still running! So I played with the buttons and kept closing and opening the door. When open, it went off like it should. But when I would close it, it would start up again. It was VERY creepy. Speaking of creepy...

Friday night I watched THE GRUDGE. Yuck. Ewww. Yuck and ewww. I *hate* scary movies. I tried, oh, HOW I TRIED to be big and brave and strong! But about 5 minutes into it, I had the covers over my head and resorted to plugging my ears to get through the rest of the movie. See, blocking out the sound makes it less scary, and covers protect you. They do, they do. They protect me anyway. SO I made it through (barely) and went home and had to watch something funny to get my mind off it all before I went to bed. Hadn't thought much about it since...

until this morning. In the shower, I got this OVERWHELMING fear. See there's this little kid in the movie that scared the S.H.I.T. outta me and I kept peeking around the corner of the shower curtain to see if he was waiting for me. He wasn't, thank goodness. Scary kids in scary movies are the worst. They don't even have to do anything. This kid did not hurt anyone in the movie but he scared me the most. What's up with that?!? And then, after drying off and lotion-ing up, I *had* to turn on the light to go downstairs. WHAT A WUSS! And then the possesed microwave incident. Whoa. Quick, grab some covers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page