1.09.2006

Week 2...

Tomorrow Ethan will be 2 weeks old. Hurrah! We made it nearly 2 whole weeks! Yesterday was NOT. A. GOOD. DAY. crying-wise. Ethan fussed and whined and cried out in great displeasure for MUCH (no, for MOST) of the evening and into the night. My mother took him for a few hours so that I could sleep. BLESS HER KIND AND LOVING SOUL! This morning he is all googly eyes and smiles, which of course makes up for it all. He's way too cute for his own good, much like his father... he's already getting away with much more than he should be able to simply because of his strapping good looks.

The problem I am facing now is that E will NOT sleep in his crib. He can be passed out like a plastered sorority girl, but the second you lay him in his crib he starts to cry. I don't get it. So, he's been sleeping on my chest every single night. It's THE ONLY WAY I can get a wink of sleep. Not GOOD sleep, mind you, because I wake up every hour to make sure he's still breathing and because sleeping this way gives me the most unbearable neck pains EVER... but it's still sleep. I'll take it. My fear is that he'll go off to college and I'll have to come along so that he can sleep on mama's chest. I don't want to make this a HABIT, but at this point I'll risk it, if only for 1 hour of peace and silence and being able to shut my eyes for a moment at a time. I can down a mean beer bong, so maybe going to college with him wouldn't be so bad anyhow.

D is in Louisiana, which is both good and bad all at once. He's doing really, really well there. But I constantly fluctuate between feelings of helplessness, lonliness, exhaustion, worthlessness, dear god I'm a SLAVE to my BABY! While he's in LA bringin' home the bacon and setting up shop for us to eventually move there, I can't even go to the bathroom without having to trick an innocent family member into entertaining E for the short amount of time it takes me to pee. That's all I want! Let me pee! Too much to ask?

While I miss my husband, and while at times I think Ethan KNOWS what he's doing to me and takes great pleasure in watching me squirm, I won't lie... I love this baby more than words will ever be able to describe. Every sleepless night is totally worth it. We're so lucky to have him here, blood curdling cries and all.

4 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I was in the middle of searching for info on Tummy Tuck Prices and came accross your site. Not exactly what I needed but I'm sure glad I stopped by and had a look. Great job and good luck!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my search for info about Tummy Tuck Prices I found your site and decided to drop in. Good thing I did. Great site!

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was out searching for the latest information on Tummy Tuck Pictures and found your site. Although not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. Glad I stopped by:-)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little one is two. Believe me...don't sweat it. ENJOY the chest sleeping while you can. Savor every second of it. In the blink of an eye he will be two and 36 pounds and to get him to cuddle for any length of time will be a miracle. I miss those days terribly. Just remember, for about nine months or so he has been residing in your belly....it's a hard transition to make away from momma, especially in two weeks. I kept Ryan in a bassinet in whatever room I happened to be in and I held him as much as I could. He sleeps in his own crib and aside from a tearful night or two he has slept from 8:00 to 8:00 for some time now. You'll do fine. It sounds as if you have the fashion part nailed already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page