12.26.2005

D-Day...

So I haven't posted in 10 days. Lots and lots has happened. My last day of work was December 16. WHOO-fucking-HOO! We finally moved out of our apartment and did the final farewell cleaning last night... a sugar-high induced battle of ratty old rags, windex fumes and clorox bleach vs. one nasty bathtub, 2 toilets, one disgusting fridge and lots of cobwebbed base boards. What a jolly way to end our long and baby-less Christmas day.

Today is my official due date. I know that only something like 4% of babies are actually born on their due dates, so it's no suprise that I'm still sitting here stuffed to the gills with BABY BOY. I lost my mucus plug on Christmas Eve, something I just can't seem to keep to myself. "You're STILL pregnant?", "Still no baby?", "My gawd I think your stomach grew overnight!", "Weren't you supposed to be induced last week?" and my favorite, "This is the most beautiful time in your life, so spiritual!". To these remarks I happily reply, "Well, I LOST MY MUCUS PLUS ON SATURDAY EVENING". The looks of disgust/confusion/panic/excitement are priceless. Mucus plug? Oh yes, the clear, snot-like, gelatinous blob that corks your cervix for nearly 9 months. At least I'm moving in the right direction, right? Right.

D was kind of upset that I didn't save it to show him, and when my little brother heard that I "lost" my plug he asked if I was going to try to find it. I love the men in my life.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OB/GYN. He is back from his week-long ski trip in Oregon and should be ready and willing to induce me... I will be, after all, ONE day overdue! And if he happens to put up a fight, perhaps a few pregnancy-related threats of violence will push him to DO THE RIGHT THING DEAR GAWD PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY OH POWERFUL AND GIFTED DOCTOR. Thanks.

So, wish me luck. I have no idea what I'm in for, I know. And I could not be more excited about it. I usually hate change and fear the unknown, but in this case I could not be more ready for whatever the birth of my first child throws at me.

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

You lost your plug and cleaned? I predict that the Dr won't have to induce...

The day before my son was born his Dad came home to find me on all fours scrubbing the shower with bleach.

The baby's probably already on it's way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page