10.18.2005

Gah!

I am in *HELL*... pure hell. Perhaps I'm being a bit whiny here, but GAWD. I can take it no more. Work. People bitching, complaining, sarcasm (not the good kind, the feel-sorry-for-me-I'm-so-swamped kind)... and if you're so FUCKING BUSY, why are you on the phone chattering away about MINDLESS BULLSHIT for... let's see, it's been nearly 20 minutes by now! I do not feel sorry for you, you who do not use your time wisely. PRIORITIZE, bitch! Prioritize!

:: Ahem ::

So beneath this work-related rage, beyond the role of the bitchy hormonal fire breathing beast of a woman that I play so well, there is a very tender and loving heart that is super excited about the upcoming arrival of her new baby boy. I have made the decision to NOT take a childbirth class. I repeat, I am NOT taking a childbirth class. I would go postal if I had to sit through A) a weekend (meaning 2 8-hour sessions in 2 days) or B) 6 2 1/2-hour night sessions consisting of a handful of other clueless first time parents asking one stupid question after the next. I simply could not bare it. I know this about myself. I know that my head would spin exorcist style and that I'd eventually get kicked out of the class for shooting laser beams out of my eyes. So I am not taking the class. Instead, I've signed up for:

1/Babycare basics
2/CPR & baby safety
3/Breastfeeding 101

I believe I'll get much more use out of these courses, plus they're a single session of 3 hours or less. Sweet. SWEET!

And by the way, he's now been on the phone for almost a half hour. No pity party here, mr. bossman!

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I think I'm ready as I'll ever be. I'm constantly reading, researching, asking other mom's for their stories... and I'm over the 'I TOTALLY CANNOT DO THIS AND PLEASE ETHAN STAY IN THE WOMB UNTIL YOU START KINDERGARTEN' phase. I adore my doctor, and that makes such a big difference.

If my body is ready, I will be induced at 39 weeks on December 19. I honestly do not think I will freak out and demand an epidural the minute I'm uncomfortable, and ultimately I want to go natural as long as possible, however I will accept one if I feel it's neccesary. I've been taking great care of myself throughout the pregnancy, following as healthy a diet as I can stand and continuing to work out several days a week, and I really hope this hard work pays off in the labor and delivery room!

Mostly, I just want to have an open mind and to remember that anything can happen. I don't want to feel let down if I have to have an emergency c-section or if I miss the window of opportunity for an epidural, for example.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page