9.07.2005

Oh I'm Just a Girl...

I'm just a girl. A girl who is getting married in 2 weeks and 1.5 days. A girl that, despite everything else that is going on in the world, wants to ENJOY these last two weeks of wedding anticipation and wants to ENJOY her wedding day. So forgive me while I overlook recent tragedy (see previous post) and ramble on about shit that means NOTHING in comparison.

Dress... final fitting on Saturday.
Cake... ordering it after my bridal shower on Sunday.
Flowers... got my boquet today and am IN LOVE with it. Who gets teary eyed over freaking flowers?? I do, that's who!

I spoke with the caterer and we are making the final reception payment tomorrow. The total was a tad less than we'd anticipated which, hello, is a great thing. Lots of beer and wine, tons of food, good music, flowers, table arrangements, cake, favors, family, friends... and did I mention at all that we will be MARRIED? I'll be a "Mrs." A WIFE. D's wife. That's the best part of all. And D will be my husband. Saying this aloud makes me nuts in a good, good way.

I guess these last few days I've really thought and thought and thought about the changes to come. Marriage, new baby, moving, financial decisions and changes and sacrifices. I am whole heartedly aware of the leap we are taking. I am a little nervous, a tad scared, very excited... and by the dumb goofy drunken grin that's permanently plastered on my mug (when I'm not having a hormonal pregnancy-related meltdown, that is), I'd say that most of all I'm HAPPY. Voids are filled and spaces are no longer empty. We're going to be a family.

I'm finally HAPPY.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Stargazer said...

Hey, no need to apologize for 'overlooking recent tragedy'. Your not overlooking it, you're just continuing with your own life, as we all are. There is nothing wrong with that.

Getting married is a life changing event; as is having a baby.

Congratulations on both these wonderfully happy events !!

Hope you stay happy :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Trista said...

I don't think that you're necessarily overlooking the New Orleans' tragedy. Its perfectly normal for you to be consumed with the wedding.

Congratulations! I hope its perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page