9.02.2005

Friday...

I'll be married in 3 weeks from today, exactly.

::

I feel guilty for being excited about it and for spending any amount of time planning/purchasing/worrying about what little there is left to plan/purchase/worry about. When the tsunami hit earlier this year, my heart ached and I worried, but I didn't really fully understand what was happening. The hurricane damage in Louisiana hits close to home because, well... it IS close to home. It is 8 hours away. D has family there. They are ok, the worst they suffered was a lack of electricity for 3 days. Sounds like cake in the scheme of things. A few miles away from my office, refugees are gathering at all the large venues in the city. The pictures on the news send shivers down my spine, and I can't read cnn.com without choking back tears and trying to ignore the horrible knot in the pit of my stomach. That doesn't mean shit... boo-fucking-hoo for me, I know. I'm basically speechless about it all to tell you the truth, hence the blabbering on and on without a point.

I won't drudge on about gas prices either. I know, you know, we all know... it's total bullshit and it just plain sucks. I nearly shit my pants this morning when someone alerted me that gas was nearly $3.00/gallon. When I filled up at the beginning of the week, it was around $2.60/gallon. I'm not one to pay close attention to every $.01 rise or fall... it's a sure fire way to give myself a fucking stroke. I don't really need to furrow my brow anymore than I already do.

So I got the dress, the flowers, everything is in order. My bridal shower is on Sunday, Sept. 11... nice, eh? At this point I wish I could go on and on about how excited I am about the baby... which I am BEYOND EXCITED about. And I wanna go on and on about the wedding, too... about my fears, my increasing anxiety, waterproof makeup, how to discreetly carry a box of kleenex down the aisle, figuring out how to walk in 2 3/4" heels without falling over or stepping on my dress, the enormity of the black strapless bra that I must wear under my dress, how suprised I was to find a black strapless bra that actually lifts and seperates comfortably... but I won't bother. It just doesn't seem appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page