8.22.2005

Those are the Kidneys...

After waiting for the doctor in the main waiting room for about 15 minutes, and another hour of thumb-twidling in the actual ultra sound room, D and I nearly tongue kissed the doctor when he finally stumbled through the door. He was apologetic about the wait, which is usually the case as my doctor is a busy man in demand. Bringing life into the world 24/7 is a tiring and hectic task, and my doc loves every minute of it. He is the most calm and cool doctor I've ever, EVER met. Plus, he's funny. I soooo lucked out when I got him as my OB/GYN.

He shook D's hand and I hopped up on the ultrasound table. Dr. E instructed me to unbutton and pull my pants down a bit, to expose my protruding belly and lower abdomen. He squeezed an eewy, gooey, WARM jelly onto my skin and turned off the light. He pressed the scanner into my stomach and began to roll it around, ooo-ing and ahhh-ing at whatever black and white and grey images came up on the screen. "See that?" he asked. "Yup..." I replied, stupified. "Those are the kidneys" he informed us. We went through the "See that", "Yup", "Those are.../That is..." dialogue with the brain, heart, feet, hands, butt, tummy, umbilical cord, mouth, eyes, nose, kidneys and bladder. And they're all healthy and working and wonderful! Two of everything there should be two of, one of everything there should be one of! All is functional and well and amazingly beautiful. Then... my doctor focused in on something else, this time with a big grin. I love his big grin. "See that?" he asked. "Yup", I answered. "This is the stomach. These are the legs, spread open. See that? Looks like a troublemaker to me!" and right away D said "IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS???" and our lovely doctor E said with his lovely doctor E smile, "Yup. 2 hands, 2 feet and a penis... what more do you need?" and we both smiled these huge, goofy, cheesy smiles from ear to ear to ear to ear.

IT'S A BOY! OHHHH BOY!

Ethan Phillip - COMING SOON!

I am sooooo in love!

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks! All my friends that have kids? Have boys! EVERY SINGLE ONE! What's the deal? Anyway, I couldn't be happier. I'm a guys-girl all the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page